Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • name of this pattern please >
  • name of this pattern please

• name of this pattern please

Old 08-06-2015, 05:35 AM

Default name of this pattern please

I like this table runner would like the name of the pattern looks to be a log cabin but have no clue how to start it.............thanks
    Attached Thumbnails 11822561_1040219569346006_9006841426125676962_n.jpg  
    Old 08-06-2015, 05:45 AM

Its a little different than a normal log cabin. This looks like you take the two long center strips of the same length, sew together, then add a short strip to each end, then two more long, etc. Then the bird and branch are applique...
    Old 08-06-2015, 05:54 AM

It looks like a log cabin done in the Courthouse Steps style. Very pretty and easy enough to do.
    Old 08-06-2015, 07:22 AM

It looks like the logs are 1" finished. You can go from that and figure how long to cut the starting strip to make it the length you need. I looks like a very pretty table runner.
    Sue
    Old 08-06-2015, 07:26 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by huskyquilter
    Its a little different than a normal log cabin. This looks like you take the two long center strips of the same length, sew together, then add a short strip to each end, then two more long, etc. Then the bird and branch are applique...
    I agree....it is an absolutely lovely design. I would like this on my table I think.
    Old 08-06-2015, 07:46 AM
    Power Poster

I love this! How sweet. If you look the two strips in the center are the same except for the coloring being a light and a dark. You then add the short side strips to that on either side. One dark to one side and one light to the other. Then continue on in that order until you have the size you want. Make sure you keep everything square as you go and you will be fine!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-06-2015 at 07:50 AM.
    Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 AM
    Power Poster

Sorry to disagree but to me the red is the center, then a light square is attached to the left end, then a light strip is added and so forth. The red strip would be the length minus the number of strips you wanted to get the length. Could be wrong but the strip cut would be 1.5" leaving the finished strips to be an inch. The red strip in the center appears to be a little wider. Then just applique a primitive bird and leaves. Not hard to draw if you had the EQ computer software program.
    Old 08-06-2015, 08:09 AM

I've made this runner and it is made like the traditional log cabin block. If you hold down the control key and roll the wheel on your mouse forward you can see the different fabrics and where the seams are located. Don't forget to reverse the roll when you have finished looking so that you get back to your normal sized screen. I would recommend using spray starch to keep those long pieces from becoming wavy. And, I bet with some internet searching you could even find something similar to use for the applique.
    Old 08-06-2015, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    Sorry to disagree but to me the red is the center, then a light square is attached to the left end, then a light strip is added and so forth. The red strip would be the length minus the number of strips you wanted to get the length. Could be wrong but the strip cut would be 1.5" leaving the finished strips to be an inch. The red strip in the center appears to be a little wider. Then just applique a primitive bird and leaves. Not hard to draw if you had the EQ computer software program.
    You are right! I forgot that the center strip is wider. I think it is cut 2 inches. Can't find the pattern right now.
    Old 08-06-2015, 09:06 AM

Quilters World made a comment about it on facebook today. Try contacting them, or check their website, magazines, etc.