Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name tag ideas needed..... >

Name tag ideas needed.....

Name tag ideas needed.....

Old 01-24-2017, 07:12 PM

Default Name tag ideas needed.....

I recently joined my first guild.
we are going to have a contest for the best name tag at our next meeting at the end of February.

I've never made a name tag. I'm thinking it's just like a little mini quilt. BUT, I don't have an embroidery machine, so how else can I put my name on it???

also looking for ideas to use to hang it around my neck😀😀

thanks for any help or suggestions!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:21 PM

someone in my guild has one with a mini block on top, her name just below that with little sewing charms hanging off the name part. My other favorite is a thread spool block with the name where the thread would be. I'd probably use either a pin or a magnet back instead of over my neck.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
someone in my guild has one with a mini block on top, her name just below that with little sewing charms hanging off the name part. My other favorite is a thread spool block with the name where the thread would be. I'd probably use either a pin or a magnet back instead of over my neck.

I love the idea of a thread spool block.��
Old 01-24-2017, 07:59 PM

I used an extra crazy quilt square that had some embroidery on it. Cut it down and embroidered my name on it. I sewed some binding around the edges. Put a 3D flower on it, that my friend gave me years ago. Pinned it on from the back.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:20 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Our guild has a specific block assigned for name tags, but I hate it. Going to make my own which will make my name easier to read because it's rather long!

But here are some fun ideas: https://www.google.com/search?safe=a....0.i3LFiOGWoyE

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...4-17&sp=-1&sk=

Jan in VA
Old 01-24-2017, 08:21 PM

Our guild used a folded star w/a fabric "ribbon" hanging down that we embroidered our name on.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:53 AM

I made a pink paper pieced teapot with a black background. I embroidered my name in black floss on the pot. I also have my pins from the 3 guilds I'm in, a spool, a pair of scissors, a guardian angel, and a thimble. Everyone comments on how cute the teapot/name tag is, I love it!
Old 02-12-2017, 10:04 PM

Here are some ideas. Think about what quilts you really like, and possibly you could make a name tag in that style. Do you like landscapes? Or maybe modern? Do you like quilts that are embellished with beads, buttons or ric rac? Possibly you really like applique? Maybe you like traditional blocks, such as stars. Also, think about what type of fabric & colors you love... civil war, Kaffe, batik. If you're really not sure, check out the 6" blocks on quilterscache for ideas. Also, think about how you are going to attach it to you: with a strap around your neck, a pin on the back, maybe a magnet.

Write your name on a piece of paper and trace onto Solvy interfacing or quilting paper. Stitch it on with a simple backstitch or chain stitch using DMC floss in your favorite color. I think a varigated would look nice also.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:39 PM

Here is a name tag that I made for myself when I belonged to a quilting guild. Feel free to copy it. It is my own design. Yolanda

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568269[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails name-tag.jpg