Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Nashville area quilt shop experience >

Nashville area quilt shop experience

Nashville area quilt shop experience

Old 07-27-2015, 07:54 AM

Default Nashville area quilt shop experience

Just came back from a trip to Nashville and visited Quilting Squares Quilt shop in Franklin and Whittles Fabric in Smiths Groves, KY

Both shops were great with terrific customer service. Quilting Squares is a good sized shop with a good assortment of modern and reproduction fabric. They had a great selection of patterns and at first I just got a clearance pattern and was going to leave. But the nice saleswomen pointed out some in house patterns that were available and I bought one of them as well as some fabric, which seemed to be cut by the owner. Because both women were friendly and made me seem at home and welcome, I spent more than I had initially planned to. That is what good customer service will do!

Whittles Fabrics was incredible, a must go! About a 70 minute drive north of Nashville, but beautiful country. The store is a modest size with an incredible assortment of quilt shop grade fabrics at great prices, I restricted myself to the mainly $2.50-$4.50 a yard material and spent a little over $100. The women working in the store were lovely and again, good customer service loosened my purse strings.Please note that in store purchases are cash or check only.

This store is really worth the trip.

I am posting this because I have had some mixed experiences at quilt shops in my travels because of poor customer service, mainly, making me feel welcome when I walk into the door. These shops were great!
if you are in the area, check them out!
Old 07-27-2015, 08:00 AM

I order a lot of fabric on-line from Whittles. Good prices and great customer service.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:45 PM

Been there, and totally agree. I remember Whittles - out of the hundreds of shops, and that's saying something! Another favorite is The Jewel Box in Magnolia, Ky. She is not online, just a small shop crammed jammed full, with a longarm downstairs. Hope she is still in business, her prices were great. You wont find her online.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:43 PM

I hope you made it over to Stitcher's Garden in Franklin. It is just a place to experience. But Whittle's is just the best. You can't beat the prices or service. I placed an order on line and it was in my mailbox the next day. Wow
Old 07-27-2015, 04:58 PM

Thanks for taking time to "review" your shopping experiences. I hope to visit Whittles some day!