Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: National Quilters Circle Membership

National Quilters Circle Membership

Hi,
    Is anyone familiar with this membership and the quality for the money to join?
    Thank you,
    Kathy

My DH signed me up for just a few dollars. It doesn't cost much at all and they do have some good videos to watch.

Blog Entries
    Never heard of it. can you tell us what it's all about?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    here's a link to their site http://www.nationalquilterscircle.com/
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

I was offered a $10 membership a year ago and I signed up, but to renew it this year was $39.95. I thought that was to much so I cancelled it. The videos were okay but I can find free ones all over the internet that are just as good.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
    I was offered a $10 membership a year ago and I signed up, but to renew it this year was $39.95. I thought that was to much so I cancelled it. The videos were okay but I can find free ones all over the internet that are just as good.
    Yes, I was just offered the same $10 deal and thought it might be worth $10 to see what they had. I found hat QNNTV was much like that...worth $12 but not $40 or whatever their regular price is. When you think of what you get for info from a magazine, for their price, $10 is quite reasonable for a year's content. Thank you for your input.

Blog Entries
    I paid the $10.00 but feel all the videos can be seen on you tube. Would never pay the $39.00.

I have never heard of it but for $10 for a year, I would check it out and find what information will work for you.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

i thought about signing up for $10 yes, would have to think about $40.when i think of it, i have so many free videos,pinterest others that i havent got to yet.

I don't think $40 a year is that expensive if you enjoy the videos. Most all the subscription sites are about that price per year.

no need to pay to join a site when just about any quilting video is on youtube

Blog Entries
    I have so far enjoyed my membership and their informative videos but I will keep track how much I use it and what I feel I actually take from their videos when I consider my renewal in a year.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

I joined too for the "introductory price". I'm not going to renew. There's far too much on the internet for free. I've only visited the site one or two times. I'll not renew.
    Keep smiling, it makes others wonder what you're up to!

National Quilt

I joined
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    I don't think $40 a year is that expensive if you enjoy the videos. Most all the subscription sites are about that price per year.
    I joined for a low price membership. I find that I wouldn't renew my subscription. I don't think it was worth it. Ony my opinion

I joined for $8 last November. It's okay but I probably won't be renewing. I get offers at another email addy all the time, some for even a little less that $8. $7.77 recently.

Blog Entries
    Just looked at this website, and did not feel that it was worth the
    $40 a year.

Not when I can get AQS for $25 per year PLUS get the American Quilter
    magazine included in the price.
    Louise - Ya-ya to Zachary April 13 2015. I collect mugs from the U.S. and around the world. Also collect handmade pincushions, sewing/quilting themed fabrics, and fabric in general.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSunshine View Post
    I found the same. I just joined for the $10 a few months ago & watched a few but McCall's has better videos for free. When they send a renewal I'll cancel regardless of the price.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Well I got busy yesterday and forgot to sign up, so guess I'll wait til the next offer rolls around. Thank you all for your input. The AQS one sounds interesting. What did we ever do before the Internet???

I almost signed up until I read the contract. It was confusing and hard to follow. I interpreted a lot of the clauses as having hidden charges and decided that it was not worth joining. If this is the same company that bought Quilters Club of America, McCalls Quilting, Love of Quilting, Quiltmaker and /Quilters Newsletter, I will not join. Customer service was terrible with QCA and once my membership expired, I did not renew.

Blog Entries
    Y'all might find this enlightening.

http://thebitchystitcher.blogspot.co...-for-this.html

Blog Entries
    I could buy a yard and half of fabric for 20( roughly cost from UK) and more likely to use it than sit and watch videos.
    i think the cost is high but I can understand why it is to cover the cost of producing videos and other information. I just signed up for newsletter will read that.
    Finished is better than a UFO