Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Neck Tie quilt >

Neck Tie quilt

Neck Tie quilt

Old 04-22-2014, 10:16 AM

Default Neck Tie quilt

I saw a very nice necktie quilt on Pinterest it was a fan pattern in rows on white background, with a border of necktie fabrics. I have tried to find the person who made this because I would like to buy the patter. However, I have had no luck. I have searched all over the web and have not found it since last week. If anyone has a clue or knows the person who created this beautiful quilt I would appreciate the information or link. Thank you everyone.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:23 AM

Can you link to the picture? I've seen several that fit your description, and many of them have been Dresden Plate-style patterns, which is a pattern easily found for free.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:31 AM

I checked the Dresden Plate but that wasn't it. I know I saw a few myself. This particular one had a white background with 4 fan shaped patterns on the bottom row and 3 fan shaped patterns in the next row up and alternating the two rows. The fan shapes were made with several ties. I will try to scan the picture I printed and see if I can post it. I have not been on this site for a long time and am not sure how to add a picture to the this post/reply.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:36 AM

You said you found it on Pinterest? You don't need to add the picture, just link it. Copy the URL where you found the picture, paste it here.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...lt-t22667.html

above is a link from QB for a nice tie pattern. Is this the one?
Old 04-28-2014, 05:34 PM

Default Necktie quilt

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t245591.html this is the link but it doesn't say who made it. It brings me to the quilting board website.

Someone has got to know where this pattern came from, is there a phone number for qulting board and I will call them. Thanks everyone who may read this and respond.

Last edited by Anna Placenti; 04-28-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:51 PM

The pattern is from a book by Fons and Porter. "Quick Quilts from the Heart." The pattern itself is called fancy fans. The border on theirs had a scalloped border but I did the braided border so I could use more of the fabric from the ties. Yes I used parts of all the ties. I needed 96 different ties to have a tie on each blade of the fan. I only had 171 ties so I had to used 25 of the ties twice. I copied this from the original post. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...lt-t22667.html Hope the link works. I have it bookmarked and hope to make it someday.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Anna Placenti View Post
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t245591.html this is the link but it doesn't say who made it. It brings me to the quilting board website.

Someone has got to know where this pattern came from, is there a phone number for qulting board and I will call them. Thanks everyone who may read this and respond.
Calling the QuiltingBoard would be like calling Facebook to ask them where a picture you saw on FB came from.

I hope the OP comes back and lets us know if the link that Veronajules provided shows the quilt she's talking about. That's a beautiful quilt.