Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Advice on Quilt Kit! >

Need Advice on Quilt Kit!

Need Advice on Quilt Kit!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 PM

Ok, I admit it...I'm chicken to start trying to cut my fabric!! I'm just overwhelmed with what quilt pattern to start with and I even have books to browse. So...what would be a great relatively inexpensive quilt kit (full kit with fabric) to purchase to start with. I would prefer a wall hanging, baby quilt or something small like this.

Suggestions, please??

PS: If anyone has one like this to sell, please PM me!! I may have something to trade!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:39 PM

go to connecting threads website. they have really good prices, and lots of baby,wall hangings ect.

great prices too! if you spend 50 bucks you get free shipping!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Yellow brick road or Turning twenty are my favorites to start with.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Ok, I admit it...I'm chicken to start trying to cut my fabric!! I'm just overwhelmed with what quilt pattern to start with and I even have books to browse. So...what would be a great relatively inexpensive quilt kit (full kit with fabric) to purchase to start with. I would prefer a wall hanging, baby quilt or something small like this.

Suggestions, please??

PS: If anyone has one like this to sell, please PM me!! I may have something to trade!

Try Fabric Cafe. They have kits that are really easy to do, including pattern and fabric and they are small quilts. I've made several and they are great for beginners.
http://www.fabriccafe.com/cgi-bin/co...&category=KITS
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 PM

[quote=sparkys_mom]

Suggestions, please??

Try Fabric Cafe. They have kits that are really easy to do, including pattern and fabric and they are small quilts. I've made several and they are great for beginners.
http://www.fabriccafe.com/cgi-bin/co...&category=KITS[/quote

YES! i forgot about them! i have gotten lots of kits from them..mostly 3 yard kits. they came out with 5 yard kits recently too...she needs to get a coupon code for them!

Fabric Cafe Kits:

here is the link for the connecting threads kits:
http://www.connectingthreads.com/quilting+kits.html

for someone new..i think fabric cafe has the easiest and very pretty kits..!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:13 PM

A few Moda charm packs...just sew up the squares together....perfect. They put in all different matching fabics and always look wonderful.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom

Suggestions, please??

Oh my, I just took one glance at the page and will probably be on this site for hours!! LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM

Most kits require that you cut fabric. However, if, like me, the co-ordination of fabrics is overwhelming, by all means get a kit.

Connecting Threads has some great kits for sale. That's a great way to get started.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:55 PM
Banned

Suggestions, please??

PM me or look at my old sales ads...I still have a few kits left!

table runner kit looks hard, but it is a trick that is very easy!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243319[/ATTACH]

makes a baby size top that could be a table topper as well. super easy and has batiks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243320[/ATTACH]

this makes a kids quilt...very good for a beginner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]243321[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-243313.jpe   attachment-243314.jpe   attachment-243315.jpe  
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM

YES! i forgot about them! i have gotten lots of kits from them..mostly 3 yard kits. they came out with 5 yard kits recently too...she needs to get a coupon code for them!

Fabric Cafe Kits:

here is the link for the connecting threads kits:
http://www.connectingthreads.com/quilting+kits.html

for someone new..i think fabric cafe has the easiest and very pretty kits..!
[/quote]

Does anyone have coupons/code for Connecting Threads or Fabric Cafe? Thanks!