Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need an alternative to pinning on the floor >

Need an alternative to pinning on the floor

Need an alternative to pinning on the floor

Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Peggy D
Originally Posted by Sashing-Sarah709
Wow! Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions and ideas. :) I watched the videos--I would never have thought of doing it that way in a million years. I think I'll use my table this time since I'm just finishing this quilt but I'm very interested in trying the table cloth on the wall idea. You know, it almost sounds too good to be true! LOL I love this message board and I can't tell you how mice it is that you don't mind letting newbie’s to quilting ask questions. Thank you again for all the good ideas--you guys rock! :)
And thanks for asking the question. Some of us newbies (me)don't even know what to ask. Pinned a quilt on the floor a few days ago, and didn't like it. Lots of great ideas for next time - thanks!
LOL No problem! :-D This place is different than most because everyone is kind when you ask a question that's old hat to them but new to gals like us. I belonged to one other quilter's site for a short time and if you ask a question--they thought it was funny that you didn't know that already. It's discouraging to be laughed at! I know I plan on being as helpful as I can as I grow as a quilter to any new person that asks me questions. Of course as it stands at the moment--that's going to be a ways down the road...over a big hill ... down the other side of that big hill and around a longgggggg curve from now! :lol:
SashingSarah709
Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
I have two of the folding plastic tables that are about 3X6 '
They stay behind the sofa.
When I need to baste, I pull them out and place them side by side in the middle of the living room. They fit right overtop of the coffee table.
When I'm done, they fold up and go back behind the sofa.
Now that's a good idea! That way I wouldn't have to take my office apart each time I needed my long table. Good point. :-D
SashingSarah709