Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with binding >

Need help with binding

Need help with binding

Old 03-08-2009, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
What would really be cool, but a WHOLE LOT more work :wink: , would be a pieced binding like the pieced border! :D
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but while the thought is still with me :lol:, I'll share what one quilt's directions had me to do for a pieced border. Use strips WOF) in all the fabrics of the series as used in the quilt. Sew them together to form a piece of fabric (say, 12 or 18 inches wide). When that piece of fabric is formed, slice it in strips the width desired and piece the ends until the desired length is reached. Is that clear as mud?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:58 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by mgshaw
What would really be cool, but a WHOLE LOT more work :wink: , would be a pieced binding like the pieced border! :D
I haven't read the whole thread yet, but while the thought is still with me :lol:, I'll share what one quilt's directions had me to do for a pieced border. Use strips WOF) in all the fabrics of the series as used in the quilt. Sew them together to form a piece of fabric (say, 12 or 18 inches wide). When that piece of fabric is formed, slice it in strips the width desired and piece the ends until the desired length is reached. Is that clear as mud?
Clear as a bell, Gail - I love pieced bindings and this is a great idea!

K x
Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 AM

How did you quilt it? Very good job
Old 03-08-2009, 06:48 PM

stay with the border color it is beautiful and you dont want to chop it up you have enough color
Old 03-09-2009, 07:35 AM

There's alot going on already with the colors and pattern and a plain dark blue border would really keep the focus on the top of the quilt and keep it from looking to "busy".

What I do is put the quilt on the bed and leave it there for a couple days. Every time I walk by the room I look at it to see how it looks, as it is, and it gives me an idea of what I think I should use for a border. Sometimes looking at it from a distance helps. Atleast it does for me.