Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need Help with Board Searching

Blog Entries
    I am new, so I apologize if I have posted a question in the wrong place. Here is my question: Can you do a search, just within the Member's classified section, without doing a general search from the entire site??

EX. I am looking for a certain brand of sewing machine for sale, but if I type that into the search, I get every single post, from every forum. I just want to search the classifieds, if possible :)

Thanks in advance for your help :thumbup:

Yup. When you do a search click on the "advanced search" button next to the search field. After that you'll see on the right a new window where you can narrow your search by using the posters name, or the section you want to search in. Select the classified section then hit the search button again.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    If you go to search you will see an option for advanced search highlighted in blue. Click on that then there will a spot where you can choose which section you want to search. There is also a spot to type what you are searching for. Hope this helps.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    Yup. When you do a search click on the "advanced search" button next to the search field. After that you'll see on the right a new window where you can narrow your search by using the posters name, or the section you want to search in. Select the classified section then hit the search button again.
    We posted at the same time. LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    Ditto, have fun searching

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    If you go to search you will see an option for advanced search highlighted in blue. Click on that then there will a spot where you can choose which section you want to search. There is also a spot to type what you are searching for. Hope this helps.

I didn't know that, I learned something new today. Tonight. :D

Quote Originally Posted by soniboo
    Me to.

Me three.Thanks for the post.

Why don't you post here with and In Search of Ad. Maybe someone has what you are looking for and has not yet posted it

Blog Entries
    Me 4. I learned something as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soniboo
    So did I, I wanted to search for something the other night and couldn't find it...now I know...

Blog Entries
    you can use the search option to look for things offered in our Thrift Shop.

however, i tend to agree with the advice to simply post an ISO (In Search Of) Thrift Shop topic, instead.

anybody who has offered a machine in the past that fits your description, but who didn't sell it, will surely re-present their offer within your topic.

somebody who hadn't offered a machine before, but who has been kicking the idea around lately, will also have an opportunity to show you what they have.

this is also advisable for another reason. we changed our rules in February, so a price charged before that might be lower now because of revisions to the pricing policy. ;-)

prices in our Thrift Shop are not allowed to go higher than 60% of current retail value. sooooo much more to your benefit to start fresh. just make sure to do a bit of research before making a commitment to buy. :-)

soooooo ... although we normally encourage searches if a member has a question, doing an ISO instead will (1) save you time; (2) probably save you some money; (3) easily re-presents opportunities to those who didn't sell their machines the first time around; and (4) presents new opportunities for those who might have decided only recently to offer a machine for sale.