Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help on braid border

Blog Entries

Need help on braid border

I have a 4 patch posey that I want to do a french braid border on but I can't figure out how to make them look good outside of just using a cornerstone at the corners . I know this board can come up with something else for me! I have looked at a million pics but can't find one that uses it as a border. Thanks in advance for any ideas you have!

Does it have to be the French Braid? How about this one? go to quiltville.com and check out her pioneer braid.

WooHoo... I have the best answer for you!!! (I usually look at posts and don't have great answers for anything) Look at this link for the Border Workbook on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Border-Wor...1&sr=8-1-spell

They preview a few pages in the book and one shows how to use the french braid as a border that goes completely around the corners! Looks really cool. I have the book and I feel that the instructions are great.

Blog Entries
    Hopetoquilt you saved me! I think I can do that!! This board alwys helps me!

Quote Originally Posted by hairquilt View Post
    Hopetoquilt you saved me! I think I can do that!! This board alwys helps me!
    Remember to post a picture when you are done! Hope you enjoy the book. It has several great borders, some of which I have not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    WooHoo... I have the best answer for you!!! (I usually look at posts and don't have great answers for anything) Look at this link for the Border Workbook on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Border-Wor...1&sr=8-1-spell

They preview a few pages in the book and one shows how to use the french braid as a border that goes completely around the corners! Looks really cool. I have the book and I feel that the instructions are great.
    Thanks! I think I'll order this book.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post

Thanks for the info. I ordered this book too. But I went to half.com less expensive than amazon

Have this book and it was well worth the money. There are so many borders ideas I will never live long enough to use them all. LOL