Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need Help Finding Pattern

Need Help Finding Pattern

Found in my stash a matching jelly roll, charm pack and coordinating yardage for border. I need to make a throw and these colors would be great. Problem is I can't remember the pattern I had in mind for this. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I would suggest looking at Jenny Doan's patterns. They all use pre cuts and yardage.
    http://shops.missouriquiltco.com/blo...erns-by-issue/
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    my thoughts also.[QUOTE=Onebyone;7821869]I would suggest looking at Jenny Doan's patterns. They all use pre cuts and yardage.
    [url]http://shops.missouriquiltco.com/block

Blog Entries
    I agree with onebyone. And, you have plenty of fabric for a throw.

I have done the same thing until I finally started bundling everything together and enclosing a copy of the pattern in the bundle so when I get to it I will know why I got it. I still have some that are unknowns though.
    Sally

Ok, here is what I came up with for 1 jelly roll, 1 charm pack, and 3/4 yard of yardage (I think it would look much better in other colours; I drew it in Excel).

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1350
Size:  52.8 KB

The grey squares are from yardage; cut them to 4.5". Yellow squares are the charm pack; trim them down to 4.5" square as well. Green, orange and blues are jelly roll strips.

Sew jelly roll strips into pairs (20 pairs total). Cut 10 pairs into 8.5" sections. Join them with charm squares to make 10 row A.

Take the second set of jelly roll pairs, and cut each into 4 8.5" lengths and 2 2.5" lengths. Join them with the yardage squares to make 10 row B.

Finshed size will be 56" x 80" - a generous throw.

Blog Entries
    I'm no help but you have received some wonderful suggestions from others. Look forward to seeing your finished product.

Also check out modabakeshop.com . If you look on the right hand column, you can click on the precut you have. It will show you projects that use that precut. I have spend many happy hours looking at all those projects! I better get going!

Quote Originally Posted by soccertxi View Post
    Also check out modabakeshop.com . If you look on the right hand column, you can click on the precut you have. It will show you projects that use that precut. I have spend many happy hours looking at all those projects! I better get going!
    Ooh, thanks for the reminder!!
    Much like Janice, I have several "sets" of precuts and cannot for the life of me remember what I had in mind for them!
    Leta in Upstate SC

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    If you can't remember, then it doesn't matter which one you pick. Once you start looking online, you will either find the original idea again or something you even like better. Have fun.

Jelly Roll Twist, a free-I think-pattern from Fat Quarter Shop uses a jelly roll and a charm pack to make a throw. Extra yardage could be used to make a border and/or binding. It suggests using a solid color charm pack but I've seen it done using coordinating jelly roll and charm pack. Quick and easy pattern that looks great. A number of people in my guild made this throw.
    jackie

Blog Entries
    What about MSQC's Summer in the Park? There are two ... one with Natalie (Jenny's daughter and the first video and the one I'm referring to).....the second one is with Jenny and called Summer in the Park revamped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5WgTyqB8Pc

I also bundle a pattern with my precuts. Or will put a note in with the pattern what fabric/precuts I want to use with it.