Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: need help finding a pattern

I'd like to make a wall hanging for my friend using something to do with morning glories. We met many years ago when we both joined a PTA bowling league and ended up on the same team, and we named our team the Morning Glories.
    Or if I can find fabric with morning glories on it, I can make a throw size quilt for her. I tried doing a search, and only found one morning glory fabric on ebay that was most unattractive. It came in 2 colorways but both were not pretty.
    I searched on this board with no results. I really stink at searches, as I have said before. If anyone has a link to a morning glory pattern I'd sure appreciate it if you could share it. Thanks and huggggggs, Linda

http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Ta...roductID=19625

The above like has a pattern for Morning Glories.

hope this helps

wow, scrapquilter, that is so beautiful... maybe a bit out of my league as I'm a beginner, but it's definitely a place to start. Thank you so much!

I'm collecting everything I find into a folder then I will see what I can come up with from all the choices I hope I get. Smilesss and hugs and thanks again!!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    http://www.equiltpatterns.com/quiltp...roducts_id=151

You can look at this wildyard and maybe can figure out a way to use it :)

for fabric go to http://quiltshops.com/ type morning glory in the text box and click search there are several pretty fabrics just in case you DO decide to make the lap quilt instead. or maybe do a lapquilt with a large morning glory "picture" in the center using one of the links already posted.

Blog Entries
    This one might be better even :)

http://www.winnowing.com/morning.html

Bet you can do this one

Try searching morning glory in color books on google. That is where I found alot of my flowers to do applique with. I wanted something easy & was able to use whatever color I wanted for the flowers. :)
    I hope my 2 cents helps!

WOW you guys are great! Thanks so much for your prompt and so very helpful responses! Hugs and smilesssss, Linda

Here is a beautiful paper pieced one.

http://www.silverliningsoriginals.co...ningglory.html

I have found searching the coloring pages can also give you a pattern to start with and you can adapt it for your needs too!
    good luck I love morning glories too.
    Karen

I have a couple sets of patterns that have a morning glory block. Maybe you could incorporate that block into a wall hanging.

Here is one set:
    Memory Bouquet – Vintage Applique Quilt Pattern by Fueline Foland. This is a “photo copy” of this newspaper pattern, originally published in the 1930's in rural newspapers such as the Kansas City Star. The designs can be embroidered and/or appliquéd on 9” by 12” squares. Finished quilt measures 63" x 63". You will receive a copy of all 20 patterns which include color suggestions, quilt layout suggestion diagram, with an optional border design. Flowers include: 1. Iris; 2. Hollyhock; 3, Violet; 4. Tulip; 5. Bleeding Heart; 6. Canterbury Bell; 7. Holly; 8. Petunia; 9. Zinnia; 10. Morning Glory; 11. Double-Rose; 12. Lily of the Valley; 13. Cosmos; 14. Black-Eyed Susan; 15. Jonquil; 16. Geranium; 17. Wild Rose; 18. Primrose; 19. Hyacinth; & 20. Carnation; You will receive a clear copy of this pattern set, with the directions clearly re-typed so they are easy to read. (23 pages) $10.00, plus shipping

Memory Bouquet Quilt patterns
    Name:  Attachment-86781.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  32.3 KB

Thank you donnajean. Would the other set also necessitate me buying so much that I wouldn't need? Since I'm really not into applique' nor embroidery, I'd really only use the one block. Seems a shame to buy then waste the rest of such a lovely pattern set.

So far, it's looking like the coloring books is going to be my way to go on this. Thanks for so many great suggestions my friends! Hugs and smiles, Linda

Did you notice that Marcia has one on her site that's beautiful?
    http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MorningGloryBlock.html

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Did you notice that Marcia has one on her site that's beautiful?
    http://www.quilterscache.com/M/MorningGloryBlock.html
    Oh that truly is beautiful, I may be forced to try it even if it is beyond my skill level. Thanks so much.

I like the Christine Tesh one...and it's free lol and it's beautiful. I remember when I first started paper piecing, I found her website and dowloaded her primer...it is the best and I learned from that. I also bought her library book pattern then...here is the story...

She said she iwas going to mail the pattern to me and and when I recieve it then I must send her a check. She said that if I didn't pay her etc etc. I can't say it here...but I thought it was the funniest thing I ever read. I am sure a lot of folks didn't pay her on the honor system. I sent that check so quick. hahahahahahah she is a funny lady and very sharing.

[She said she iwas going to mail the pattern to me and and when I recieve it then I must send her a check. She said that if I didn't pay her etc etc. I can't say it here...but I thought it was the funniest thing I ever read. I am sure a lot of folks didn't pay her on the honor system. I sent that check so quick. hahahahahahah she is a funny lady and very sharing.[/quote]

LOL, I hope it didn't involve voodoo dolls and long hat pins!!

Try looking at gloriouscolor.com. There are several pretty Philip Jacobs' Morning Glory fabric.