Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help identifying vintage sewing machine >

Need help identifying vintage sewing machine

Need help identifying vintage sewing machine

Old 11-08-2023, 04:14 PM

Question Need help identifying vintage sewing machine

Hello everyone!

I was lucky enough to find this sewing machine at a good will (I'll attach pictures). I've been doing research on it but I am definitely not knowledgeable enough in this subject to be 100 percent sure of what I have. I know that it is an National Model VB-TT, but I'm not sure what type. I think it is either type 1 or type 5 but I have no idea.
It's definitely not in great condition, so my goal is to try to find a manual for whatever model I have so I can fix it up correctly. It would also be nice to know how old it is. Overall I'm really glad I found this machine, it'll be a fun project to learn about.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails image0-11-.jpeg   image3-8-.jpeg   image1-10-.jpeg   image2-9-.jpeg  
Old 11-09-2023, 05:26 AM

I can't help you with identifying the machine. Part of "no answer" is that you are posted in the quilting section, not the vintage sewing machine section. Perhaps you can ask the moderator to move the post.

Another place you can get an answer is on VictorianSweatshop.com. Most of the posters who post here also post there, plus many more who used to post here and no longer do.

bk
Old 11-10-2023, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I can't help you with identifying the machine. Part of "no answer" is that you are posted in the quilting section, not the vintage sewing machine section. Perhaps you can ask the moderator to move the post.

Another place you can get an answer is on VictorianSweatshop.com. Most of the posters who post here also post there, plus many more who used to post here and no longer do.

bk
Thank you for the advice! I'll be sure to post in the correct forum and check out the website.
Old 11-10-2023, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by JackSalgado View Post
Thank you for the advice! I'll be sure to post in the correct forum and check out the website.
Welcome. It looks like your thread got moved to the correct area. As you may have realized by now, it is very difficult to date some of these early machines.
There is a Regal Paveway Electric Manual at https://ismacs.net/national/national...n-manuals.html, while it is for an electric, I think it may help as for threading. I'm also wondering if perhaps it may take a 20x1 system needle. Some have dropped a 15x1 system needle or place a sheet magnet the right length so one can use the ready available sewing machine needle.
Good luck getting this antique back to its original purpose.
Old 11-12-2023, 06:07 AM

With that cabinet fixed up along with the machine, it should make a great find.