Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help making bow tuck bag >

Need help making bow tuck bag

Need help making bow tuck bag

Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 AM

As others here have said, the first one is the hardest. The pattern I have isn't user friendly even for someone who has been sewing for 50 years. I have found it best to treat the bag and the lining as two separate entities.
Once you have finished both then sew them together. If you need any help there are many willing helpers on this board. Don't be afraid to ask.There are no dumb questions here and you'll usually find that someone else is interested in the answers also.
If you check the measurements you'll find that you cut 5" wide for the handles and only one WOF but you cut 2 x1.5" strips for the loop and ties.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:36 AM

When I made my first one, I couldn't understand the lining instructions to save my life. I have been sewing for 50+ years and following patterns all the time. For some reason I had a brain blip and couldn't figure it out. I decided it was the pattern not me, and I finally figured it out. I had to think and look at it for a couple of hours before the light went on. It was very simple once I figured it out. Helps to have to pieces in front of you.
Sue