Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help with my sewing machine..Oh no

I also have one of these machines and finally gave up fighting the tension problems and changed machines. I have not been able to find anyone that knows the solution to this problem. Should I ever become successful I will post what that solution is. I tried everything to fix it or find a fix and could not.

Nancy/Ohio

I know you're taking your machine in, but I just remembered, this also happened to me when my bobbin was a bit too full. It doesn't do it all the time - but from time to time - I have to back off about a yard of thread (sometimes 2) then it works fine. No other adjustments were made... Probably not the problem but wanted to throw it out there. This happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by craftinggrandma View Post
    I did clean the bobbin out before I had run it before it went crazy. I even took out the bobbin case. Sure hope I didn't mess up something in there.
    This is a clue! You cleaned the bobbin out before it went crazy.

Pull the bobbin thread and see if the bobbin turns clockwise or counter-clockwise. Then flip the bobbin over and try sewing again. If it fixes the problem, be sure you place the bobbin this direction every time.

Agree with everyone, but you can try using untaxed dental floss thread it through the machine and pull it through. Dental floss really cleans the tension.
    LadyCougar

"There's always time to quilt"

Try rethreading again. I bet your thread isn't in the top tension disc....

Please report back when you do find the problem...am very curious.

Well i called Singer yesterday to find out what could be done with my sewing machine problem. She went step by step with me threading the machine and bobbin. Did the pull on the thread to make sure it was tight. Changed the tension and still nothing helped. I got the machine on 9/22/11. She said it was out of warrenty. She said it only has 3 months on that problem. Seems like everything i buy brakes down after the warrenty is over buy a few days or months . She told me to use some unwaxed dental floss and run it through like thread, just dont thread it. Did that still didn't work. She said i will have to take it somewhere to have it looked at that it is a tension problem. So now i have to do that but it will probably cost more than the machine did. Will have to wait now to save up to get it looked at. So whenever i get it looked at i will post the problem. I also tried turning the bobbin around and still didn't work. Thanks for everyones help.

Blog Entries
    I sympathize with your problem. If it costs too much to fix it - maybe you should look for a vintage machine for not much money. Again, I'm sorry for your problem. I know you must be frustrated big time.
    TwandasMom

A few years ago I had a problem with one of my machines and couldn't figure out what was going on so got another machine. Eventually I figured out that the problem was my bobbin itself. I had purchased some of the clear plastic bobbins and did not realize that there were two different ones that looked alike but fit different machines. There is only a very small difference between the two, but with the correct one everything works great while with the wrong one it's a big mess. BTW I no longer use the plastic bobbins because I don't know which ones go to which machine.

Don't know if this will apply to your situation, but it worked for me!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Doesn't hurt to do a de-lint any time things go wrong.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    A few years ago I had a problem with one of my machines and couldn't figure out what was going on so got another machine. Eventually I figured out that the problem was my bobbin itself. I had purchased some of the clear plastic bobbins and did not realize that there were two different ones that looked alike but fit different machines. There is only a very small difference between the two, but with the correct one everything works great while with the wrong one it's a big mess. BTW I no longer use the plastic bobbins because I don't know which ones go to which machine.

Don't know if this will apply to your situation, but it worked for me!
    Had a problem with a Kenmore - you are right - some of those plastic bobbins are ALMOST identical. I had to pay to find out! I now use a sharpie and mark the first letter of the machine on the bobbin - unfortunately I now have three machines using clear bobbins! (At least the Vikings are green.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2