Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with new machne >

Need help with new machne

Need help with new machne

Old 04-01-2014, 03:55 PM

Default Need help with new machne

I just bought a Husqvarna/Viking Diamond machine and I am already ready to take it back
I am using the embroidery mode and the stitching is a disaster. I keep getting loose stitches and a birds next top and bottom. I have tried re-threading over and over and over. Taken the bobbin out over and over and over. Part of the design stitches well but when I change the thread it starts messing up. Can anyone offer suggestions???
Old 04-01-2014, 04:37 PM

I have the ruby and love it. You need to go back to the dealer and have them check the machine. This should not be happening.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

Make sure that when you rethread, the thread is going through the tension disks. Also, take all the classes your dealer offers. If you are still having issues, I would bring it to your dealer and show them exactly what is happening.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:48 PM

I agree...take it back to your dealer! Something definitely is not right... I have the Ruby, also, and love it! Diamonds are too expensive for you not to be totally happy with it!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:20 PM

It sounds to me like your bobbin isn't threaded through the tension properly. Get your book out and be sure it is right, rewind a new bobbin if you have to. When you pull on the bobbin thread you should feel a slight resistance to know it is in the tensioner right.

Edited to add - be sure that there isn't any stray thread in the bobbin area. Take your throat plate off to be sure. Sometimes these can hide where you can't easily see them, but will interfere with the machines ability to make a stitch.

It is strange that it will do OK until you change thread colors. Are you using the same kind of thread for both colors?

Last edited by Craftnut; 04-01-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

A dealer should always offer lessons when you buy a new machine. Since it's just new, bring it in and have them show you a few things on it.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:47 PM

I had a similar prob. with the Bernina 710 I just brought home. I kept rethreading, loaded a new bobbin, thread again. Nothing worked. Went back to the dealer with it & showed him my threading, ect., everything done right. When he turned it on & tried to sew it did the same thing. Turned out a "step motor" for the tension wasn't working so I left it.
Got a call 2 hrs later that it was ready to go home. A wire hadn't been attached completely. It has worked great since.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:58 PM

It sounds like the same problem I had - it turned out to be improper threading of the bobbin. You go up then down and the thread hooks where the thread cutter is. Look at the picture in your book - I don't pull and cut the thread off until I have put the cover over the bobbin. It is a subtle catch but it makes all the difference. It took me a while to catch on, because it was similar to my Janome but not exactly like it. It will be interesting what the dealer tells you.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 AM

are you remembering ti put the foot down each time after changing threads? it is easy to forget to do that.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 AM

If I don't use an embroidery needle I get some mess ups. Maybe that's some of the problem. Hard to say but I have a friend who has that machine and she loves it. Go back to the dealer and let them look.