Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with a slightly older QCC setup >

Need help with a slightly older QCC setup

Need help with a slightly older QCC setup

Old 08-01-2023, 08:10 PM

Default Need help with a slightly older QCC setup

Does anyone here know if I can use my Quilters Cruise Control on my Pfaff Hobby Grand Quilter 1200 Machine... WITHOUT putting it on a Frame? I have the older style QCC which is Red in color and made of metal I believe but the set up is the same as the current model. In other words can this unit be used without encoders as a stand alone unit for free motion quilting if I put my machine on a table vs.a frame?
Old 08-02-2023, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

I hesitate to say this definitely can't be used, because I'm unfamiliar with the QCC. However, in general, a stitch regulator relies on encoders to tell it how far the machine is moving across the fabric, so it knows when to take another stitch. If the encoders say that the machine is moving slowly, the SR knows to slow down the motor; if moving quickly, the SR makes the motor run faster. A SR that relies on encoders wouldn't know what to do without them and wouldn't work on a stationary machine.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I hesitate to say this definitely can't be used, because I'm unfamiliar with the QCC. However, in general, a stitch regulator relies on encoders to tell it how far the machine is moving across the fabric, so it knows when to take another stitch. If the encoders say that the machine is moving slowly, the SR knows to slow down the motor; if moving quickly, the SR makes the motor run faster. A SR that relies on encoders wouldn't know what to do without them and wouldn't work on a stationary machine.
Ok, I thought it wouldn't work but didn't hurt to find out for sure before I sell it. I don't need it anymore with the new frame and system I recently aquired. Thank you for responding to my question.