Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need help! >

need help!

need help!

Old 12-07-2010, 11:45 AM

I have a juki/grace quilt set up...have exactly the same problem that someone else posted..tension, thread breakage. Their solution was to get a nolting...doesn't help me...and I'm going nuts...HELP!!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 PM

Make sure your presser foot is down,slow down, rethread, make sure the bobbin is in corectly.
Good luck
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 PM

I have a Juki on a Superquilter frame. When I have thread breakage it's almost always the needle. I now use a size 14 topstitching needle and seldom have trouble. Sometimes I'll start to have thread breakage after I've been quilting for a while, and it's because the needle is getting dull. Switching to a new one usually eliminates the problem.

My tension problems are often caused by a buildup of lint in the bottom of the machine. Take it off the frame and make sure there's nothing in there. I also take the needle plate off and clean out in there. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:31 PM

Juki's are very linty machines. You think you got it all and go back for a second look. the bobbin is very easy to miss there is a little metal part that you can take out and clean under. Once I do this it makes it better. Take a soft brush and dust out the tension things they capture lint also.