Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Help >

Need Help

Need Help

Old 12-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Strong solution of Oxyclean.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Alcohol has always worked for me. Just put layers of paper towels underneath, and replace them frequently, don't freak out when it spreads a little, then blot, blot, blot. Then I always put Lestoil on it and wash it, but it is hard to find Lestoil any more, so I also have used color safe bleach when I wash it.
Our Dollar General carries Lestoil sometimes!!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:21 PM

My sister is a nurse and she says peroxide.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 PM

a few weeks back some one on this board advised me to get the ink off a vintage quilt...alchol rubbing spread the ink and they said to get "Spot Shot" rug cleaner.
WORKED like a charm...BIG ink spot gone.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:40 PM

I have the apron soaking, because it had been rubbed with soap and water before I got it back. I will just keep trying different things suggested until it is gone! Big thanks to all of you! MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:25 PM

Aqua Net HairSpray is the best because it is cheap and does not have a lot of other additives. I used it on my GD jacket - white and sprayed and blotted, sprayed and blotted and it came out.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:05 PM

A long time ago, I read about using buttermilk. It was ballpoint pen on a shirt. I think I laid the spot over a dish and poured buttermilk over it. I left it until the buttermilk dried and an raised up the spot out of the shirt. It worked. If all else fails, you might try it or try a google on using buttermilk.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 PM

Try Spot Shot from Wal-Mart. My husband put our ink jet printer on my carpet once when we were re-arranging the room. When he picked it up the next day printer ink had soaked into my light gray carpet. And it soaked all night like that. I was very panicked and asked a friend who worked at a carpet store what they used and she recommended Spot Shot. It took all the ink out of my carpet by me just dabbing it with a wash cloth. And I used it in my son's room where there were spots of "I don't know what?!" that I had never been able to get out and it took everything out of the carpet. Some of those stains were a few years old! I love Spot Shot. It comes in an aerosol and a spray bottle. Hope this helps...
Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 PM
Power Poster

hairspray and rubbing alcohol spraying and rubbing from the outside in with something to blot the liquids.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
Aqua Net HairSpray is the best because it is cheap and does not have a lot of other additives. I used it on my GD jacket - white and sprayed and blotted, sprayed and blotted and it came out.
Aqua Net is cheaper and for nothing else, the Best hairspray to use for ink. Spray it on and let dry, then respray once more and let dry for cotton. Polyester such as nursing uniforms(white) do not require 2 sprays , just one good spray and let dry. Other brands do not work as well, I have no cluewhy, but have tried others. Make sure you purchase this brand in an aerosol can. The pump sprays have been reformulated and do not work as well. Wear a cheap mask or cover nose or spray outside if the aerosol bothers you or have breathing problems.