Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need help w/design wall >

need help w/design wall

need help w/design wall

Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45917-3.htm
Check out page 3 of this post. She might be able to help you. You could send her a pm.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 PM

thanx for all your suggestions! when isaid iwanted to use tack strips i was thinking of only hanging a sheet, or something on that order to the tacks.thoughtif i painted the strips to match the wall they wouldn't be THAT notisable if i left them up.it's in ahall, soi dn't think it would be too bad.am a widow so this is something i' be tackling my self! anyway,iwould only be hanging the sheet from tacks,then pin & spray baste sandwich to sheet .does thatsound reasonable?have a small design wall in sewing room,big enough for twin or crib size.please tell me if i'm off in the wrong direction ! i'm sure i won't be making more than 4full quilts a yea[if i'm lucky,sowouldn't be too much of a pain! besides,as i said i'm a widow ,so no one really sees it but me !sorry this is so long....thanx again for all your help ! dar
Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 AM

wanted to thank you for all your help ! i ended up hanging 4 commandhooks[they are amazing!]from just under the trim,then hanging a heavy curtain rod from that.got an old flannel sheet ,hung that from rod [cut holes for the hooks to go thru]i just sandwiched a full size quilt,& it worked great ! had to use pins to support the weight,but could do it all standingup !am going to leave the hooks on the wall,theyreally don't show . again,tha for all yourideas !
Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 AM

Even tho' you've already solved your design problem, just piping in. I hung my batting piece to the wall with clear push pins. The holes left are minimal and it holds quite a number of projects.