Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Inspiration for Vintage Fabric >

Need Inspiration for Vintage Fabric

Need Inspiration for Vintage Fabric

Old 02-23-2015, 01:39 PM

You could quilt the dotted lines and also tie it. The dotted lines leaves alot of open spaces to tie;it would fit the time period. I'd find a blue close to what's in the quilt or the green since they are the dominent colors for the border and then do a prairie points for the outside instead of binding or do the scallop edges to accent the trees. I like your fabric and think it'll be pretty. Hope you show a picture when you figure out what you are doing.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Skylark53 View Post
Thanks all, I definitely fell in love with i right away! I wish I would come across such things at estate sales, etc.

I definitely won't cut the pattern up, it will be a "cheater quilt" in that sense. Some good ideas about borders here!
If you did use it as a panel and cut it then I'd take the cut part and make a matching pillow case or cover with it. I wouldn't cut it small enough to distort the design or them; that would be a shame for a vintage fabric.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:44 AM

Wow, so many great ideas here - the fabric isn't even in my hot little hands yet but I couldn't wait to start planning. Since I'm still newer to this, there aren't as many ideas/techniques I'm aware of! I will be sure to keep everyone updated with what I do. It's almost too cute too use (I admit I can be a fabric collector - as someone pointed out - might have been on this board - do you ask stamp collectors to use their stamps? ) but this is also too cute to /not/ use!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:24 AM

OH...I love that fabric! My kitties need a couple of kitty beds, so if it were me, I'd make a cute, pieced top out of that fabric and coordinate it with some other solid fabrics for the sides and bottom of the beds. In this case, I'd quilt the top. However, if I were going to make a blanket quilt out of it, I'd just tie it. I love tied quilts and I don't think that those dotted lines would have any bearing. They just look like part of the artwork. Have fun with that!

~ Cindy