Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need "No Waste Flying Geese" help >

Need "No Waste Flying Geese" help

Need "No Waste Flying Geese" help

Old 07-26-2017, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PenneB View Post
Yes--a full 1/4" on one side and slightly less on the other! It was definitely a surprise!
Seems like a significant amount to me!

That would explain the rectangle in the center instead of a square.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:16 AM

Thank you everyone I have been wanting to try this method and now with all your help I will.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:49 AM

I used to calculate fabric cuts to make different sizes off flying geese. In all honesty I feel that there is not a better tool that is available to us as quilters as the Studio 180 wing clipper rulers. They are a wonderful tool and they make all the sizes that one could possibly need. I am in no way affiliated with this company - I just really love using their rulers. All of her rulers are fantastic.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:50 AM

Sorry forgot to mention - there is very little waste with these rulers and you can make 4 at a time. Take a look at her videos. Good luck.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cenpaqltr View Post
I used to calculate fabric cuts to make different sizes off flying geese. In all honesty I feel that there is not a better tool that is available to us as quilters as the Studio 180 wing clipper rulers. They are a wonderful tool and they make all the sizes that one could possibly need. I am in no way affiliated with this company - I just really love using their rulers. All of her rulers are fantastic.
That's good to hear. I just bought one of those rulers today. I have the worst time with triangles!
Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by cenpaqltr View Post
I don't usually buy specialty rulers, but I bought both sizes of these and am very glad I did as they make trimming the geese much faster and easier. I have a boatload of flying geese units in my future...