Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need opinion on longarm leaders and loading the quilt >

need opinion on longarm leaders and loading the quilt

need opinion on longarm leaders and loading the quilt

Old 01-06-2014, 04:59 PM

I've had my long arm for a couple months now - I purchased Start Right cloth leaders when I purchased my machine. They came in a package of 3 and were very easy to install and use. They're a little pricey. (Nancy's notions offer the leaders by the yard http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...oth+leaders.do). Currently I use large pins (like corsage pins) to attach the front and back to the leaders. When I was shopping for a long arm, a shop owner showed me the Red Snapper loading system.....loved it! So quick and easy.....it's on my wish list. (Nancy's Notions also offer Red Snapper).
Old 01-06-2014, 05:34 PM

If anyone hasn't suggested it already, I really like "leadergrips" for attaching my quilt fabric to the rollers. I think their website is:

http://leadergrips.com/

They work really well and are simple to put on your leader fabric.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:41 PM

I got tired of pinning and tried the Red Snappers. I LOVE them. After seeing my Red Snappers, several of my friends ordered them, too. And they all thank me for sharing and eliminating pinning. I'm not familiar with the leadergrips, but they look quite similar.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 PM

Look into Red Snappers. They have a tutorial that explains it all. Probably best to enter red snappers for quilts rather than just red snapper on your search engine. Red Snapper is also a kind of fish. I have been using the snapper system on my longarm for several months. A really fast way to load quilts.