Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need opinions of Fusi-Boo batting >

Need opinions of Fusi-Boo batting

Need opinions of Fusi-Boo batting

Old 07-06-2017, 10:17 AM

Default Need opinions of Fusi-Boo batting

I want to try quilt as you go on the next quilt I make & was considering using a fusible batting on the quilt. Since I have Jo-Ann coupons & gift cards I was thinking I would try the Fusi-Boo that they sell.
Compared to Warm & Natural (which is what I generally use) how much different is it? Does it fuse pretty well?
Old 07-06-2017, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Check the reviews on amazon. I have not used it and not sure I would want that particular fiber mix in my quilts, regardless of the fusible option or not.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:06 PM

I've used it a couple of times. It's a stuck-together mess when you take it out of the package. The Hobbs fusible is a much nicer fusible batting, not so hard to work with. It's also a little thinner than the Warm and Natural or the Hobbs 80/20, which is something else to consider.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:34 AM

I used a package once a long while back (same story, got it at Jo-Ann's with coupon ) I had no problems with it fusing, and it worked fine. I don't remember how it compared to other battings as far as drape, etc. -- sorry.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:40 AM

I've used it. I liked it and it draped very nicely. It's thinner than warm and natural.

Rob
Old 10-13-2017, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
I've used it a couple of times. It's a stuck-together mess when you take it out of the package.
Good to see this. I was thinking that putting mine in a space saver vac bag had messed it up, because stuck-together mess is probably kind...
Old 10-14-2017, 04:21 AM
Power Poster

I've had great success with Fusiboo. I'm getting started with FMQ doing QAYG. I got a bunch on the Joann.com website at a great price. Adheres just fine.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
I want to try quilt as you go on the next quilt I make & was considering using a fusible batting on the quilt. Since I have Jo-Ann coupons & gift cards I was thinking I would try the Fusi-Boo that they sell.
Compared to Warm & Natural (which is what I generally use) how much different is it? Does it fuse pretty well?
I second coming out of the package as a stuck-together mess. However, it fuses best of any fusible I've tried, and unlike some fusibles I've used, you can pull it off and re-fuse it as needed if it gets positioned wrong.