Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need Pfaff 213 manual, free >

need Pfaff 213 manual, free

need Pfaff 213 manual, free

Old 11-08-2020, 10:47 AM

Default need Pfaff 213 manual, free

I picked up the 213 yesterday at a resale shop for $3 and the motor wants to run but it needs a spa treatment first. Does anyone have a good site for a free manual so I can get it cleaned up properly. It looks like a nice machine even if it does not have the on-board-walking-foot.
Must do some farming before working on the 213.

Thank you and any information will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:55 AM

Try the Pfaff website. They appear to have a instruction manual online that you can look at and probably download for free. Good luck
Old 11-08-2020, 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=farmquilter;8431194]...Does anyone have a good site for a free manual so I can get it cleaned up properly..../QUOTE]

Looks like cashs_mom is correct. http://www.pfaff.com/en-US/Support-and-Updates/Support if you click on the down arrow by "Machine Name" you will need to scroll down about half way. You will need to click on "Manual" at http://www.pfaff.com/en-US/Support/3414

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 11-08-2020 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2020, 07:38 AM

Thank you Janey I saw the site yesterday but it would not print large enough to actually read. Today I used Adobe to print it larger and now have it ready to use.
Thank you so much for your help

Warm weather farming again today but will start to read the manual to be ready to work on the 213
Old 11-09-2020, 05:49 PM

Congratulations on a great find! I had a Pfaff 213 for 28 years as my only machine. It was a wonderful machine which did everything I asked of it, no matter how tough. From chiffon to heavy upholstery fabrics, it did the job, with only rare help from the hand wheel. I never had tension problems, threads breaking, or overheating. Although it did not have the IDT and the popularity of the Pfaff 1222, it was simple to thread and use and had all of the basics I required. In 28 years, nothing ever went wrong with that masterpiece of engineering. I sold it near the beginning of the pandemic. Several people wanted to buy it, some were willing to drive three hours one-way for it! I was very pleased it went to a good home of a devoted mask-maker.

The only reason I decided to sell it was because I ran out of space when I fell in love with a Bernina (with its knee lift, etc.) and bought it. Since then, however, I converted part of my house to a sewing area and have been happily acquiring more sewing machines!