Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need pics of Bargello quilts!

Mine is not specifically a Borgello quilt, but definitely pieced borgello style. I sewed all the trips together into a tube, but instead of cross cutting at different widths, all of my crosscut strips were cut at 5 1/2" inches. It was so much easier to do it this way, and seam rip in strategic areas, then to cut out each individual square....that would have been murder. Pics are on page 5 of this thread.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/15284.page

These are all beautiful.

Blog Entries
    this is Ashley's Ocean, it has sea life including a large sea turtle and an octapus all over it. it was a special gift for my granddaughter.[img]

Ashley's Ocean
    bargello ocean with minkee back for granddaughter's Christmas
    Name:  Attachment-26613.jpe
Views: 41
Size:  71.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    this is Ashley's Ocean, it has sea life including a large sea turtle and an octapus all over it. it was a special gift for my granddaughter.[img]
    That's beautiful! Are the sea creaturs appliqued?

This is a picture of a bargello quilt I made that I actually drafted myself. It was allot of work but made me understand much better the nature of bargello quilting and allowed me to experiment on future quilts. Fun! Good luck. Let me know if I can help!
    Marian :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Wow Marian, I love the 3D effect! Fab-U-Luss!!!

K x

Blog Entries
    yes, i appliqued fish, dolphins, coral ect. after creating my bargello ocean, quilted it with waves then added hot-fix crystals here and there for some sparkle and bubbles where i felt they were needed...
    she LOVES her new quilt!
    i looked and looked for a large dolphin for the center but could not locate one (until it was finished of course) so i found a panal with the turtle, octopus and other sea life and cut that up to use it. most of the applique is raw-edge fused then sewn. when i finished that one i so loved the outcome and the technique that i quickly started another in 'woodsy' fabrics, then appliqued deer & elk, it was a christmas gift for my brother in law and his wife who built a new house in the woods. don't have pic'[s yet.

Blog Entries
    WOW doesn't do it justice...beautiful!!! i find i love the technique but have not been too adventurous yet with the bargello design. i have to spend some time doing more after seeing yours, great inspiration! and someone is very lucky. are you keeping it?

I just finished my first last week! They are incredibly fun :)

These quilts are very beautiful...
    But I find a bargello intimidating...however, I did find a book :D
    Maybe someday...
    K

yes, i appliqued fish, dolphins, coral ect. after creating my bargello ocean, quilted it with waves then added hot-fix crystals here and there for some sparkle and bubbles where i felt they were needed...
    she LOVES her new quilt!
    i looked and looked for a large dolphin for the center but could not locate one (until it was finished of course) so i found a panal with the turtle, octopus and other sea life and cut that up to use it. most of the applique is raw-edge fused then sewn. when i finished that one i so loved the outcome and the technique that i quickly started another in 'woodsy' fabrics, then appliqued deer & elk, it was a christmas gift for my brother in law and his wife who built a new house in the woods. don't have pic'[s yet.
    I just think it's beautiful!

This is my first bargello. I took the class a couple of years ago and had done nothing with the little bargello. But my daughter when she was 3 (she is not 22) we volunteered in a school for the disabled in Atlanta. Alex helped follow kids in the hallway when they were on bikes and helped feed them at lunch. She was only 3!
    Anyway at the end of the year they gave us T-shirts and a tote with the saying "Paint Your Rainbows with the Colors You are Given". So I got this quilt out and added the words and a paint bucket/brushes. Haven't finished it yet but thought I would go ahead and share since you wanted pictures.
    I was going to give this to a new grand nephew or niece but decided I need to keep it for my first grandchild from Alex since the saying means so much to us!
    The paint bucket and brushes are raw appliqued.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    what a wonderful story! beautiful quilt too!

K x

Donna Batiks....what a beautiful idea and story to go with it. Very pretty.

HarleyQuinn--I think it's great that you have a small size. The idea of making a big one with all those different widths scare the bejonkers right out of me. A lap size or wall hanging would be a good practice one!

Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200
    Donna Batiks....what a beautiful idea and story to go with it. Very pretty.

HarleyQuinn--I think it's great that you have a small size. The idea of making a big one with all those different widths scare the bejonkers right out of me. A lap size or wall hanging would be a good practice one!
    Thanks. It was done with fat quarters, I wanted it smaller to resemble an art quilt....

Blog Entries
    oh, i love the rainbow! beautiful quilt, beautiful story...what a wonderful quilt you have created :D

Have fun when making one! All of the ones I've viewed here are gorgeous!

This is my heart bargello. They're so fun to make!
    Name:  Attachment-26619.jpe
Views: 34
Size:  55.5 KB

Those are beautiful especiall the blue one!

WOW, Thanks to all of you for posting such beautiful quilt pictures! I love all of them. I had the same question about the ocean one, if you appliqued the critters on it. So cool! I can't imagine designing one! Awesome!! Iv'e always admired the heart Bargello in your avatar quiltnut4ever. Hope mine turns out as great as all of you ladies did. Love the paint bucket and brushes too on the rainbow quilt. I just love all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your Bargello. They are definitely addicting. Once you get into them, you discover many other possibilities....I guess I just like working in fabric runs. Attached is "Spin" that was inspired by Bargello's. All the best in your creating!
    Marian :P

Thanks Marion! That 'Spin" quilt is so awesome I don't have words!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

farscapegal
    I love the "spins" bargello Marian Sparks. That is awesome.

Sybil

Wow I love that quilt. I also ask "are the sea creatures appliqued.

Oh my Marion - that is fantastic. How were your eyes sewing those strips?

Blog Entries
    I noticed that the bargellos in the pictures were done with the seams matching. I found that sewing them with the seams lining up midway between adjacent squares seams takes much less time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast