Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Quilt Back Ideas >

Need Quilt Back Ideas

Need Quilt Back Ideas

Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408192[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]408194[/ATTACH]

I completed the back! Above are a couple of photos of it. It was a monster to complete. The actual king size quilt is 118" x 118", and the back needed to be 5" bigger on each side for the LAQ. So the back is 128" x 128". Phew! I am so glad this is done. I just have to do the final pressing and removal of all accumulated threads/cat hair/lint from both the back and the front, then off the my LQS to have it quilted. I am so looking forward to getting this off of my dining room table and out of the house for awhile. It just occured to me that you might want to see the quilt top that this goes on, too. Hmmmm, don't have a photo of it at the moment. I'll have to take one, then I'll post.
Attached Thumbnails photo1.jpg   photo2.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:30 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]409212[/ATTACH]

Here is the quilt top. All the dark areas are actually black, even though they look brown. The colors in the stars are blues, purples, teal and grey. What looks like hot pink, isn't. Same goes for the quilt back above. The lighting in my house turns the colors into funny shades.

tonight I de-linted both pieces and ironed as best as I could. Almost seems like the more I handle them the worse off they become. Anyway, they are nicely folded and safe from any further threads/etc in a plastic bag. I'll take it to my LQS on Monday for quilting. I am soooooo glad to get this off my dining room table.

while its at the quilter's I'm going to prepare the binding, and I think I'm going to whip up some pillow cases. I just found a really simple pattern I want to try.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 06:22 AM

Very pretty! Stars are my favorite blocks...and I love your back..and yes, its a monster! lolol
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 AM

I once saw a quilt done in Amish style which took one block, enlarged it many times larger and used it to showpiece the back of the qult, set on black. It was very lovely.