Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 96

Thread: need quilt pattern using different shades of blue

  1. #26
    Super Member PegD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,167
    Blog Entries
    4
    Blues Bargello is a pretty one.

  2. #27
    Senior Member quiltnmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Bern, NC
    Posts
    517
    Blue Moon by Karen Montgomery.

    http://www.ttfabrics.com/patterns/

  3. #28
    Member zquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Eastern Maine
    Posts
    91
    My vote would be for a split nine patch. Quick and easy.

  4. #29
    Power Poster ckcowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    12,125
    Blog Entries
    1
    when my granddaughter requested a new quilt and said...i really like blue grandma, i made Ashley's ocean! it did not take long, the appliques were very fun, even added crystals...the pics do not show how spectacular this quilt is...and it was my first bargello :thumbup:

    ashley's ocean
    Name:  Attachment-112248.jpe
Views: 71
Size:  90.2 KB

  5. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dunwoody, GA
    Posts
    117
    GollyTwo, your quilts are lovely. The purple looks like a big city at night and your Chinese Coins is an inspiration for a bunch of left over "ugly" fabrics I have tucked away. Great way to use them up and pretty darn easy. Thank you for the inspiration.

  6. #31
    Super Member Edie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,617
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gennynut
    Quote Originally Posted by sumcoop
    Hi friends,
    I am organizing my sewing room and have found I must love blue...I have a lot of blue...so I am looking for a pattern that would be pretty using varying shades of blue. I would love something fast and easy.
    I like appliqué too...so tell me what ya think.
    After all this organizing and I am not done...my brain is muddled.
    as usual.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    If you have dark tonals you could make a Snowflake Quilt. You would have to have some white for the flakes!
    The Sampler from the Fab Shop Hop would be perfect. Actually, when I have finished what I am working on I am going to make the quilt in blue - actually, it is three shades of blue. All sampler blocks are three shades of blue. You can download each block pattern and on September 30, you can get the instructions. And they look relatively easy. Edie

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north Texas
    Posts
    861
    How about a Buggy Barn pattern?

  8. #33
    Member Yankee Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    78
    You might consider a Bento Box quilt. I have seen several made with primarily blues. A nice look.

  9. #34
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,236
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by sumcoop
    Hi friends,
    I am organizing my sewing room and have found I must love blue...I have a lot of blue...so I am looking for a pattern that would be pretty using varying shades of blue. I would love something fast and easy.
    I like appliqué too...so tell me what ya think.
    After all this organizing and I am not done...my brain is muddled.
    as usual.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    I just found out I have 3 shades of blue that works well together. 3 seems to be a magic color when it comes to making a quilt. Just to be safe, I'm making a 9 patch, of 2 prints, 1 light blue, looks like ocean waves and the other Blue with tiny flowers, makes me think of the stary sky on a clear night, sashing it with a darker bright blue and where I need the little square in the sashing, will use navy blue. There are so many shades of blue, most any combination is good.

    I'm going to call it "Ocean"

  10. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    568
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo
    LADIES - Susan asked for fast and easy
    Are they fooling me gollytwo? LOL
    wanted to look at your quilts but can't find pics someone referred to.

    I am thinking bargello...never done one.
    but like the flow of blues....would love to do a landscape but don't know where to begin.

    Please keep advising.

  11. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Keene, New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,269
    Hi Susan
    the pictures are on page one of this thread. I did not make either of them. Posted them because they were pretty easy and blue.

  12. #37
    Senior Member redpurselady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    when my granddaughter requested a new quilt and said...i really like blue grandma, i made Ashley's ocean! it did not take long, the appliques were very fun, even added crystals...the pics do not show how spectacular this quilt is...and it was my first bargello :thumbup:
    ckcowl - AWESOME quilt - what a masterpiece. Where did you get the fabric for the appliques?

  13. #38
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Antlers Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,666
    Blog Entries
    1
    A pattern called Faceted Jewels would be perfect in assorted blues.

  14. #39
    Senior Member adyldrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    897
    http://www.3dudesquilting.com/docume...on-Pattern.pdf

    pretty and easy 16 patch blocks. You could totally do an applique border or an applique on top of each block....

  15. #40
    Senior Member Aquarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hillsburgh, Ontario
    Posts
    680
    Right now I am in the process of making the Brick pattern in various shades of blue for my oldest grandson. I had gathered a bunch of fat quarters togethered and used them. I did add just a touch of red and yellow only not the bright reds and yellows, muted colors just for a touch. I usually only make bright happy colored quilts so the blues seemed a little depressing to me. It looks better than I thought it would.

  16. #41

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    las vegas, nevada
    Posts
    69
    that blue with the brown is a stunner!! sunshine and shadow always appealed to me, or a log cabin maybe

  17. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    36
    Hi sumcoop,
    I am just making a lovely Lap-Quilt in all different blue's and different browns, really lovely. The pattern is out of a book by Cheryl Wall, called "Country Comforts " and is called " Prairie Stars " . She has got a web-site, at www.countryquilts.ca
    It is realy worth looking at, as it is piecing and Applique !

  18. #43
    Super Member ppquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wonderful WY
    Posts
    1,363
    When going through some totes I found a stack of blue strips so this is what i did............and I love it, fast and quick

    blue rail fence
    Name:  Attachment-114226.jpe
Views: 81
Size:  86.2 KB

  19. #44
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Newberg, OR
    Posts
    1,941
    The fabshophop sampler is blue this month.

  20. #45
    Super Member kwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    5,048
    Storm at Sea. That is my next project in Blues and purple and green.

  21. #46
    sew_meme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    34
    I found this block @ http://quilting.about.com under piecing techniques. It shows how to quilt using partial seams. Claims it is easy. I thought it is beautiful plan to start mine next week. Good luck.

  22. #47
    cowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Waterford, Ohio
    Posts
    194
    The french braid would be great with all your different blues.

  23. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    568
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie
    Quote Originally Posted by Gennynut
    Quote Originally Posted by sumcoop
    Hi friends,
    I am organizing my sewing room and have found I must love blue...I have a lot of blue...so I am looking for a pattern that would be pretty using varying shades of blue. I would love something fast and easy.
    I like appliqué too...so tell me what ya think.
    After all this organizing and I am not done...my brain is muddled.
    as usual.
    Thanks,
    Susan
    If you have dark tonals you could make a Snowflake Quilt. You would have to have some white for the flakes!
    The Sampler from the Fab Shop Hop would be perfect. Actually, when I have finished what I am working on I am going to make the quilt in blue - actually, it is three shades of blue. All sampler blocks are three shades of blue. You can download each block pattern and on September 30, you can get the instructions. And they look relatively easy. Edie
    Eddie,
    Love this idea...and some snowmen too....thanks.
    Do you have any ideas about sea and water....I do have enough blue.
    Love all your quilts. What a gift and eye you have for color.

  24. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    568
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sew_meme
    I found this block @ http://quilting.about.com under piecing techniques. It shows how to quilt using partial seams. Claims it is easy. I thought it is beautiful plan to start mine next week. Good luck.
    Thank you I like this too...looks simple enough for me.
    Yee Hah! I have inspiration.
    thank you

  25. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    568
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Here is my blue qult using "Magic" by Jim Helms of The Joyful Quilter
    Love this too!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.