Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need the skinny on batting. >

Need the skinny on batting.

Need the skinny on batting.

Old 10-15-2020, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
I'm curious about the drying process - how do you handle/support a bed-size quilt to air dry?
.......lay it on the bed, and rotate and flip periodically
or over a couch back, over the arms and down the front
Old 01-06-2021, 06:53 AM

Red face

I've used Warm and Natural (W&N) 100% cotton for the last 15 years. Tried poly and found it to be too slippery so haven't used it since. I just did a quilt with Hobbs Wool and absolutely love it - It is a twin size used as a throw for my husband. It is much lighter than the W&N, very warm and when I completed the quilt I washed it in a large capacity washer and dried it in a large capacity dyer on medium. It dried quicker than the W&N quilts do. Not the crinkle look you get with W&N but looks great and my husband loves it again it is much lighter then the W&N so still warm and without the weight. I will definitely use Wool in the future but not for everything as it is higher than the W&N. I purchase W&N on a roll and the Wool on a roll is more expensive so will use up my W&N and consider wool next time I purchase a roll.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

In my marathon sewing room cleanup I found several packages of Mountain Mist (had a looong time) and when I read the package it said to quilt every inch or 2. No thanks! I put them in the donation bag.
I still have enough batting if I live to be 200.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:07 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
In my marathon sewing room cleanup I found several packages of Mountain Mist (had a looong time) and when I read the package it said to quilt every inch or 2. No thanks! I put them in the donation bag.
I still have enough batting if I live to be 200.
LOL I feel you! I have most of a 25 yard roll and a whole 'nother 25 yard roll that I got on clearance 2 years ago!