Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need some quilting store ideas >

need some quilting store ideas

need some quilting store ideas

Old 05-22-2011, 09:26 AM

hi ya all!! next weekend (memorial day) my husband and i are going on an extended weekend vacation to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary....we are going to the san antonio, austin, san marcos, fredricksburg, and surrounding areas...does anyone know of some really good quilt shops in those areas? your help will be appreciated...thanks...gina
Old 05-22-2011, 09:28 AM

I lived in Lockhart and DH worked in Austin and San Antonio. Never saw a quilt shop the 3 years we lived there! So miss the BBQ though!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:55 AM

You can do a Google search "Quilt shops/store, any town, TX". Before I got a phone book where I now live I had to search for businesses that way.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:33 AM

My sister lives in San Marcos, and I have to go to the one in New Braunfels when I visit. She has lots of good stuff and they are very friendly there. Her fabric was more modern and updated stuff. They also have a nice mark down room, with lots of great deals. The name is Quilt Haus I think and is just off the 35.
We went to another that seemed to specialize in civil war repros and that sort of thing. It was downtown, but I forget which little town. I will ask my sis, I am sure she remembers. She loved the store, it was more her taste. I do remember the floors were wood and the shop was long and narrow, and the walls were covered with beautiful quilts that were way beyond my skill level. It was like walking back in time.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Google Goddess

you can google quilt shops in the areas you will be visiting, be sure to call ahead to be sure they are still open and find out hours, as some closes one day a week

Links I am find for you:

1. http://quiltinggallery.com/quilt-shops/texas/p/56/
Old 05-22-2011, 10:46 AM

Ok, she remembered. It is this one: http://www.oakleafquilts.com/

I knew she would know.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by grumpy90650
hi ya all!! next weekend (memorial day) my husband and i are going on an extended weekend vacation to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary....we are going to the san antonio, austin, san marcos, fredricksburg, and surrounding areas...does anyone know of some really good quilt shops in those areas? your help will be appreciated...thanks...gina
Gina Depending on if your coming west on 71 or 290 there is 2 really good soip in Giddings. All Around the Block and Gerline's. Bastrop also has one its Lost Pines.
There are so many shops in the area uyou have list you will be. There is HoneyBee In north Austin off 183. There is a shop in Dripping Springs , Lakeway. Buda, Fredrickburg, 5 or 6 in San Antone. Kerrivlle, Its been a good while since i have done a shop hop so just do a google for central texas and you will get a good list. Happy 30th. Have a fun trip.I hope this helped.
I just remembered another in Shiner Its called Martha Quilting Corner.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:27 AM

I've never been to Texas, but hope this helps!

http://www.quilterstravelcompanion.c...aps/texas.html
Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM

so many have gone out of business I'd call first, there is a wonderful book Quilters quide across america, I loved it and used it when I traveled more. I think its Fredricksburg TX where I found 3 great shops great German food too
Old 05-22-2011, 09:42 PM

B and B in Buda near Austin is great.
Memories by the Yard, San Antonio
Have fun.