Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needed: Arm chair remote holder/tote >

Needed: Arm chair remote holder/tote

Needed: Arm chair remote holder/tote

Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by amma
a suggestion...make it a little wider and fold up one end to tuck into the side, stitch to hold the folds. When you push it down into the crack between the side and seat, it will stay in place better :D:D:D.
Thanks Amma, great idea! I was thinking about rice as someone mentioned, but it is a smaller recliner and the area between the seat and side of the arm is tight. I think what you are suggesting would hold it nice and snug.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 PM

I made one that just has a pocket, then a long piece that I stuffed down the side. The piece was long enough that I then took thumb tacks and tacked it to the bottom of the chair. Funny, I forgot to take it off the chair when we moved from Hawaii to Guam and it stayed in tack.
I also use the pocket to hold other things PLUS the remote. Great place to hide pieces of chocolate when you are watching tv. :)
Old 01-17-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I made one that just has a pocket, then a long piece that I stuffed down the side. The piece was long enough that I then took thumb tacks and tacked it to the bottom of the chair. Funny, I forgot to take it off the chair when we moved from Hawaii to Guam and it stayed in tack.
I also use the pocket to hold other things PLUS the remote. Great place to hide pieces of chocolate when you are watching tv. :)
I like your idea....especially the chocolate!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nursie76
Originally Posted by amma
a suggestion...make it a little wider and fold up one end to tuck into the side, stitch to hold the folds. When you push it down into the crack between the side and seat, it will stay in place better :D:D:D.
Thanks Amma, great idea! I was thinking about rice as someone mentioned, but it is a smaller recliner and the area between the seat and side of the arm is tight. I think what you are suggesting would hold it nice and snug.
I had mentioned rice to another member at Christmas time, but I had since changed my mind, it could attract insects/mice....
Old 01-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Good point!