Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle holes in white on white fabric >

Needle holes in white on white fabric

Needle holes in white on white fabric

Old 07-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by billswife99
Thank you all for your help. This was quilted wrong and I'm going to try to pull all the stitches out to redo the corners my self. I guess me and my longarm quilter will just have to part ways. :(
That's too bad. Sometimes there is a lack of communication or she could be one of those (I've only heard about) that just do whatever they want to do. Quilting mistakes happen and it shouldn't ruin the fabric. I don't know what she did to the corners but if she wants return customers, she would redo them for you. About taking out those stitiches............UGH! If you do it, she'd probably be more than happy to requilt the corners the way you want them done. Don't be afraid to ask her. She may not know she didn't please you and she won't unless you tell her. You could be doing her a favor. You did pay her for what YOU wanted, didn't you?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:08 PM

I have used this lady several times and always been happy with her work, till recently. Two previously have come back with the wrong color of thread. I even drew a picture out on this one so she would know exactly what to do and still, it was wrong. I just didn't see it all together till I laid it out to do the binding. That's when the wavy lines were noticible. So I have 2 corners picked out so far. :roll: Lesson learned. I am just going to have to learn to do it myself. And since it's all straight lines on this one, I should be able to manage or at least do better then she did. Maybe it's a good thing to be forced to learn new things.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:42 AM

Okay I have finally got ALL the stitches picked out! :roll: And it's marked and pinned and ready to sew this weekend. This will be my first time machine quilting so wish me luck and hopefully I will have pictures Monday!
Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM

Try rubbing the fabric with a white gum eraser to close the holes.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:53 PM

I did this to myself once and just washed it and they all disappeared!
Good Luck