Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: nees sewing machine info please

Eleanor Burns used to represent Elna by using the machine on her series but now represents Babylock. She was never a dealer. The representation of Elna by Eleanor Burns ceased when Janome and Elna combined corporate operations.

My friend Laura has an Elna, which she has had 10+years and she hasn't had any problems with it. She is very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I think Elna is a good brand. I'm pretty sure it's made by Janome.
    Can't address the "guarantee" but Elna is a wonderful SM! It's the one I use. I have the Elna Quilter's Dream Pro and I just absolutely LOVE it. Feet and other parts are interchangeable with the Janome and I love that one, too!

I have the new Janome 3160 which I think is the same machine as the Elna and it is a great machine I love it

I recently researched and shopped for a new sewing machine. Ended up buying a last years' model Janome with full warranty for less than 1/2 the price of the new one with all the same features. So far, I love it. Good luck!

Elna is a good machine and has been around for a long time.

I have a Necchi that has worked very well for me for 35 years but I need something more for quilting. Was Necchi and Elna the same company in the past?

I have had an Elna, 7200, for 6 years and love it as it is problem free. The warranty was for 2 years, I think but I am sure it won't be needed as it is such a solid machine.

Check that the supplier will include a walking foot and a scant 1/4" foot as they are not included per norm in the packages I have seen, n BTW $400 is a good price, but don't tell him that :lol:

Blog Entries
    Yes, I think 400 is good and he is including the quilting feet for me to! free motion foot, 1/4 in. foot, walking foot, open toe foot and idk what else. He is a very generous and honest person from what I've seen and anyone I've met that knows him (it's why I went there first!) but still wanted to do my homework ;)

Don't most sewing machines come with a 25 year warranty or guarantee if you pay for it. My original machine came with a 1 year of everything covered no matter what, when you purchase the 3 year extended warranty. That was 38 years ago, still going strong. Elna's are good machines to buy.

Do you want to quilt with it or just do basic sewing or embroidery with it? Many sewing machines have the advantage of a sewing machine and when you attach its embroidery module to it, then it is a super quality embroidery machine. There are Bernina and Brother machines that are top quality, even the lower end of the expensive ones would be an excellent purchase. Some sewing machines are not oiled as they have computer parts in them, so no oiling.

If you purchase a machine from a quilt or specific fabric shop, you get the free lessons of about 6 hours on the specific advantages of the machine your purchased. That is extremely helpful and you can repeat the classes for no charge. from, Debbie, Phoenix, AZ

read your guarantee. I bought a very pricey sewing/emb machine with a 20 or 25 year guarantee (can't remember which it was). Long story short - the guarantee was divided up - so many years on the motor, so many years on this,.... Ended up not very much was covered by the full term guarantee. Read that fine print. I've heard of Elnas but have nevr had one.

I have an elna quilters dream and I love it. I use everything on it. Easy machine to use.

Blog Entries
    I have an Elna and it is about 15 years old. no problems and still sews well.

EC
    I have 3 Elnas and love them all. Don't really need 3, but one was my aunt's, one doesn't weigh 12 lbs (great for travel), and the newest is a Quilter's Dream. Have never had any problems with my Elnas, and the older ones are super quiet, a benefit when DH is napping..........

Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4
    Yes, I think 400 is good and he is including the quilting feet for me to! free motion foot, 1/4 in. foot, walking foot, open toe foot and idk what else. He is a very generous and honest person from what I've seen and anyone I've met that knows him (it's why I went there first!) but still wanted to do my homework ;)
    Grab it, and take his arm too. he sounds too good to be true, just check that he has been in business for a respectable amount of time but IMO I would go for it because you really cannot go wrong, it's a fab bargain for a wonderful machine.

:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I've had my Elna for over 40 years and it is a great machine. Mine is a steel body and uses cams. In one of my quilt classes the instructor said that she never heard such a quiet machine and offered to buy it if I'm in the market to sell. Very dependable machine. :thumbup:

I have an Elna that is about 35 years old. Sews great in spite of being dropped on its head a couple of times.

Hi from South Carolina. Well, I believe that Elna was bought out by Janome. Now I recently purchased an older Janome (six yrs old) for my grand daughter and I must tell you I am very impressed with the performance of this machine. Is the machine your looking at a new machine or an older machine? I have friends who have Elna machines and they love their machines.

Now, as far a the Lifetime Warranty from the dealer...I like to see warranties in writing from the company not the dealer. Unfortunately, he could die, lose his dealership or store and you would not have a legal binding contract. I would try another dealer that has Elna or Janome Sewing machines. Always remember "If it sounds too good to be true - It usually is." Good luck.

Bernie

Blog Entries
    I have an Elna, and I love it, best machine ever. I have the Jubye which is air driven so it never has broken I've had it 20 years. I also have the serger it's also reliable, it's never had any problems. I recommend you ask if they will give you any lessons on the machine so you get the most out of it. When I got mine they went thru all the bells and whistles.

I have a 42 yr old Elna and totally love it. I don't know about the new ones.

Blog Entries
    Years ago I used to own an Elna and really liked it. Now I have a Bernina 1130 and wouldn't part with it.

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I think Elna is a good brand. I'm pretty sure it's made by Janome.
    This is my understanding as well.

Elan is a good machine. Stay away from the Baby Lock

Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4
    I'm in the market to buy a new sewing machine. Went to our local sewing center and I wand to get the Elna 3210 "I think was the #) but I've never heard of the brand before. }t would be brand new with a 25 yr. Warranty and he would service it for free for as long as he lives (his words not mine) he is also including many of the quilting feet in as a package. Cost would be about $400.00. So my question is, is this a good deal and is this a reliable machine?
    Are you sure it's not a limited warranty?

Blog Entries
    I have a vintage Elna Supramatic - the green one that folds into a steel case, and the case becomes an extension table when opened. Back then, they were all steel machines and lived up to the "swiss" legends. I don't know how they are now. They are made by Janome, I didn't realize they still used the Elna brand.
    I agree with the others - if you find a new machine for $400 that has everything you want - go for it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast