Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Never again >

Never again

Never again

Old 12-29-2014, 07:25 AM

I collect stuffed pincushions, but use magnetic one in work areas.......for pins...needles go into needle holders ( cylinders). Btw.... For those who use sewline or F&P glue pens..the refill cylinders make good needle holders after you take out the glue refill.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:45 AM

When you place your needle in a pincushion put a cheap plastic earring back on your needles it keeps them from going down in your cushion that's what I do. Works great
Old 12-29-2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Years ago, while moving in to a new apartment, we were unloading boxes and I had my DDs pushing the boxes into a pile to make room for more boxes. All of a sudden my oldest DD lets out a horrible scream and starts slapping her knee. She thought she got stung, but when I looked, she had a long piece of thread coming out of her knee! Off to the ER and and an Xray, to discover a sewing needle was completely imbedded in her knee behind her knee cap, eye first! The surgeon was able to remove it, and no infection, but I never put my needles anywhere but in my needle holder! Ever! My needle holder is a square of needlepoint plastic 5"x5" that I have completely covered in a bright colored craft yarn. I mark the top, and only insert the needles in from the top, and only needles with at least a short thread tied to them. Made a huge impression I can tell you.
Oh Wow! That is scary. My Dear Sister in Law had a cat swallow a needle...found the thread poking out of its mouth. That was an expensive venture but the vet was successful... A guild member sat on a loaded pincushion and had to have minor surgery. I love the thread domes for loaded needles.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by lots2do View Post
Oh Wow! That is scary. My Dear Sister in Law had a cat swallow a needle...found the thread poking out of its mouth. That was an expensive venture but the vet was successful... A guild member sat on a loaded pincushion and had to have minor surgery. I love the thread domes for loaded needles.
What is a thread dome?