Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Brother Innov-IS NQ1300PRW any tips? >

New Brother Innov-IS NQ1300PRW any tips?

New Brother Innov-IS NQ1300PRW any tips?

Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 AM

I have to babylock version of this machine and I love it. The manual should give you all the basic information and any YouTube videos will help you understand each piece. This machine is smarter than me and tells me when the bobbins empty and when I need to thread the machine Etc. Just look it all over with the manual and you'll be happy to see it's pretty simple.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:29 AM

Take time to read the book that came with it, then I'd go to you-tube and type in the kind of machine it is - watch a tutorial!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 AM

Both Brother and Baby lock have great instruction manuals. Just sit down with the manual and follow directions. You'll be proficient in no time. While your doing that make a list of any questions you may have for your class. That is what I did several years ago for my Brother Innovis Q1000 and again last year for my Baby lock Journey.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:53 AM

Let the YouTube videos that Brother has on the internet become your best friend! Also know that the Brother and the Babylock are virtually the same machine, so check out the BabyLock You Tube videos as well.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by momocarly View Post
Just returned to quilting after a 20 yr. break (kids!). So, it was time for a new machine. Today dh took me to get my new machine. I haven't unboxed it yet and my familiarization class isn't until Feb 13! Any tips or suggestions to help me get started?
First, brilliant choice. Brother has the most "user friendly" manuals. They have pictures of everything! Next, PM me if you need help since I have that model's older sibling. I can walk you through most questions. Have fun.