Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Fabric Marking Pen >

New Fabric Marking Pen

New Fabric Marking Pen

Old 10-29-2011, 10:45 PM

you just run an iron over the marks and they disapear.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:33 AM

I searched all of the craft and sewing stores for these pens and finally found them at Staples. It does not erase completely off from fabric for me by using the eraser on the pen, but will not try ironing it off. Thanks for the hint as I have been afraid to use it.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 AM

I love them!!! I'm usually a straight #2 pencil user, but my current quilt has a blue shade that pencil wont work. I'll be washing the quilt when i finish, but i will have to tell the person receiving the quilt that if the lines do show up, to take an iron to it.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:58 AM

I haven't saw the green yet; it's pretty. You can get them at Office Max, 3 for $7. Yes, they iron off but if you get them cold the design comes back. You can soak them in Hot water and it will come out permanently though. There are threads on here about the Frixon pens and I know one research topic shows that starch does affect it going away permanently.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I can read "Pilot", but what else does it say on the pen? Can these be purchased in Staples or are they unique to LQS?
I bought a set of 3 at Staples.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM

I was at a quuilt class where some ladies where talking about it, my instructor grabbed one of my finished, cream colored blocks and put a big black X on it. Before I could react, she pressed it with a hot iron and voila--it was gone! I have heard that the marking may come back with extreme cold??
Old 10-30-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer
I was at a quuilt class where some ladies where talking about it, my instructor grabbed one of my finished, cream colored blocks and put a big black X on it. Before I could react, she pressed it with a hot iron and voila--it was gone! I have heard that the marking may come back with extreme cold??
Sorry living in a cold climate I do not trust them. I would have demanded my money back and walked out. I have tested all ways and I can still see the marks. Washed unwashed or not but it gets cold and if I am taking a quilt in a cold car I do not want marks on it. I will stick to my disappearing marker.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Everyone keeps citing "extreme cold" is what brings the marks back. Truth is, Pilot says temps of around 15ºF is all it has to be and in these parts, that's nowhere near "extreme". Some quilters claim they even came back at refrigerator temps...and that's a balmy 40-45º.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Everyone keeps citing "extreme cold" is what brings the marks back. Truth is, Pilot says temps of around 15ºF is all it has to be and in these parts, that's nowhere near "extreme". Some quilters claim they even came back at refrigerator temps...and that's a balmy 40-45º.
It does not have to be extreme cold just cold 40* will bring them back I can just see a kid doing his homework with it and the teacher puts it in a hot car during the early days of school, gets home to grade and the paper is blank. How do you explain that you have to put it in the freezer to read it?!! LOL
Old 10-30-2011, 05:03 PM

I have read pros and cons---but to me if I want to try something I'll do it---no biggie---it is only fabric.