Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new fun question, what should I buy?

Hey everyone. i have a dilemma, the dept i work in gave me a gift certificate to the local quilt shop. I have 70.00 to spend. give me ideas!!! thanks. what a great christmas gift!!!!!

FABRIC!!!!! :lol:

Things you usually look at and put back because they are a bit too expensive!

look at and put back

that's exactly what i was thinking about!!!!

Blog Entries
    No idea on what to but but Have fun.

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I agree. Get something you normally wouldn't. Enjoy it though.

I'd spend it (and then some) on fabric LOL but agree that if there are items you look at and say, oh no I couldn't spend that on me YOU SHOULD. Whatever that may be....a pattern you adore, some new shears, a stack of ribbons and trims, the latest must have notion, pincushions (I'm a pincushion addict so had to add that one), baskets for organizing your stash, etc.

I just purchased organizers for my stash when my in-laws sent birthday money. Best purchase I've made in quite a while and helped me to get moving on de-cluttering my sewing room.

Have fun!

oooh and an ott light if you don't already have one or two....those lights are awesome.

Blog Entries
    Fabric.

Banned
    call the shop and find out when they are having a really good sale and ask if you can use it then

If it was me, I would want some of those June Tailor little plastic shapes for marking the quilt for hand stitching. I also need some new rulers and a small pair of scissors. After that..........more fabric.

call the shop and find out when they are having a really good sale and ask if you can use it then

THAT IS A BETTER IDEA!!!! THANKS.

Spend it on something for YOU! You deserve it. We often leave ourselves out.

Congrats.

Have fun!! Get something special that you ordinarilly wouldn't "need"

Let's see what about a yo-yo maker?

I never seem to have enough batting, so I'd stock up on that. No matter how much I buy, I always need more.

What a nice gift! I agree, I'd go for the one thing (or two or three) that I'd been eyeing and couldn't justify spending the money. I like the idea of waiting for a big sale too. Stretch it as far as you can! :)

Oh, buy yourself a rotary blade sharpener, i have one and love mine, and get some fancy rulers and stencils, and of course a fat quarter all wrapped in ribbon to look at on your shelf, and of course some pretty fabric lol, gee i spent that pretty quick didn't i??? :) :) Congrats! :)

Oh i know, because it was a gift, you might not want to buy a bunch of little stuff, but instead, you might want to get one big thing, that you can say, this is what i bought with it. Maybe a quilt kit, or if they have classes, maybe you can use it to take a class you would like to take

That's a great gift you have!!
    If you are having problems figuring it out, just send it to me...I'd have no problem spending it! :) :)
    But get that one thing you ALWAYS wanted, but didn't have the money to get.

Blog Entries
    Spend it on something for yourself ! Whatever it is that you have been dreaming about, but just couldn't quite justify spending the money for..But most of all ENJOY it !
    Sharon

pal
    Quilting Books!

Just a suggestion, but ask them about any upcoming classes theymight be having you might be interested in. I also had a gift certificate last year. I found a quilt book with a pattern in it that I loved. But knew I wanted to make it with really good material. My certificate almost paid for all the wonderful material and it came out beautiful, if I do say so. Use yours for something you really want to work on! And have fun!!

retro girl - what kind of containers did you buy?. I wish our part of town had a Container Store. I would think they would need to be a very clear plastic so you could see inside without having to open the box. I need to get stuff out of bags so I will have a better idea of locations etc...
    isnt it wonderful how all of us can dream about how we would spend that money and thus share the experience with her!

Is there anything you need? Anything you have been looking at and keep putting back? Is there a expireation date? Anything you have been wanting to try......hand quilting, applicate, ect.....
    Have fun and enjoy :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh, what a great gift!!! Its loads of fun to dream about what to buy before you even spend it isn't it?? So....you are having fun already. You'll figure out exactly the right thing, so have fun and be sure to let us know what you did with it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast