Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New here >

New here

New here

Old 02-08-2018, 03:49 PM

Default New here

Good afternoon,
I'm new here and glad I found the site. I have a question. I have a Babylock Coronet with the Little Foot frame. I am wanting to upgrade my frame to at 10 foot. I am getting mixed answers to my question. First of all, is the Coronet the same machine as the Handiquilter Sweet Sixteen? My main question is, will my Coronet work on the 10' Handiquilter Studio Frame. One dealer is telling me absolutely not. Another is telling me that it will definitely work. Yet another says it will work but I will have to buy a new carriage. Has anyone upgraded their Coronet to a frame that is not BabyLock? The Pearl frame that Babylock makes is more than a thousand dollars more than the 10' Handiquilter Studio Frame. Am I wrong in thinking that Handiquilter makes the Coronet?
Old 02-08-2018, 04:30 PM

I cam't answer your question, but welcome to the board from Peotone. I'm sure someone will know and answer you soon.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

I found this thread that might provide help:
Question about the new Baby Lock Coronet quilting frame

I did not read in detail, but a quick glance through the posts indicates to me that you should be able to put a Coronet on a Handiquilter Studio Frame. I would think that the two frames are so different, it is likely you would need to purchase a carriage that fits the Studio.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:41 PM

Yes the babylocks are handiquilter machines but babylock doesn't use the handiquilter frame so it might not there might be variances on the machine housing
Old 02-08-2018, 09:20 PM

I feel so bad for the people that have purchased this machine setup. I don't know where I have been that I just heard about it a couple of days ago but the fact that you have to pin baste your quilt before putting it on the frame to me makes no sense. Personally I wouldn't buy it if it's not going to make things easier for me. I did buy my frame before I bought my longarm and your right about the cost unless you can find one that is compatible with the Coronet and is less expensive. Good luck and BTW Welcome to the board.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Power Poster

Handiquilter customer service is great- contact them directly and they will help you make sure you have what you need. You will need the correct carriage to fit the frame.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 AM

Thank you!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:04 AM

Thanks! Is what I'm going to do!
Old 02-09-2018, 03:11 AM

Maria, I originally purchased the set up because it would fit in the space I had. My quilting space is in a small finished attic area which had a large storage closet. It's a great machine to learn on since it is has a very small leaning curve. I didn't want to purchase the higher end set up until I knew I could handle and learn longarming. Found out that I LOVE it and I've gotten better at it! There was a closet in the space that my husband built for his ex wife at the time and he refused to tear it out. I finally talked my him into tearing the closet out and now I have extra room for a larger frame. Thank you for the welcome! I am so glad I found it.