Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New To Jelly Rolls >

New To Jelly Rolls

New To Jelly Rolls

Old 02-17-2014, 06:07 AM

I would suggest you buy Kim Brackett books: Scrap-Basket Sensations or Scrap-Basket Surprises. I have made her quilts and they are beautiful. They are easy to make and her directions are clear.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:29 AM

Library, library, library. Lots of books, lots of ways to do jelly roll things from easy to challenging. And you can always buy the books you find the most useful. Plus, you might just find something else interesting for your personal "next quilting step." Check the quilts on this board as well as the conversations. I am a jelly roll freak (that is another story) and this is the very best place with the most gifted, nicest people.

Have a good time!

Pat
Old 02-17-2014, 06:47 AM

I just finished my first Jelly Roll Race Quilt for my DGD. At first I was a bit skeptical but she had picked out the pattern. When finished, I absolutely love it. Seeing all the colors and patterns is just great. She picked a quilt that was pinned on Pinterest by Amy Hughes. This quilt is easy. Hannah picked bright pink minky for the back so no batting couldn't have been easier. The flowers I did, I used the fold under way and machine sewed them down before sandwiching.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]462902[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hannahs-quilt-finished.jpg  
Old 02-17-2014, 03:01 PM

I agree, go to youtube to see Missouri Star Quilt Co. tutes using the jelly roll .. OR /AND go to your library system and see if they have (or you can put on hold) quilt books with jelly rolls, lots of books out there.