Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new machine

I just purchased the Pfaff expression 2.0. I really like it so far. Anyone else have one and what do you think sbout it? Also I got it in sale at my local Pfaff dealer for $995. Regular retail was $1500. I am new to quilting,but I researched it on the Net. Please tell me it is a good machine for quilting and that I got a good deal:)

Blog Entries
    I do not know anything about Pfaff's, but i am sure you got a great machine! You must be just over the moon with your new baby! Congrats! did you name her yet?! ;)

I have a Pfaff 7550 Sew Creative that I've had for about 8 years now. It's a bit of a diva and is very particular about which thread I use, but otherwise I love it. Purrs like a kitten. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

I learned how to sew on a Pfaff! I wish I had one. I'm trying to talk my mom into giving that machine since she bought a new Pfaff, but no luck so far. :(

I have the Pfaff expression 2, was a xmas present, I love it. I haven't had a computerized machine before, so it has taken some getting used to......I'm sure you will be very happy with your new machine! :D

Oh, I should have said how lucky you were for getting it at that price. I'm in Australia, mine was $1,699, reduced as a xmas special from $1,999. :?

Blog Entries
    My Pfaff 7570 just bit the bullet. I love that machine. Tomorrow I'm going to purchase the Janome 6600.

I have a Pfaff 1473 that I've been sewing on since around 1990. I absolutely love it--I have 3 other machines (4 counting my Juki) and the Pfaff is the one I sew on the most. The Juki is on my quilting frame. I'm sure I know which store you bought it at and I love dealing with them. They are great--I always go by there when I go to Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginaky
    I have a Pfaff 1473 that I've been sewing on since around 1990. I absolutely love it--I have 3 other machines (4 counting my Juki) and the Pfaff is the one I sew on the most. The Juki is on my quilting frame. I'm sure I know which store you bought it at and I love dealing with them. They are great--I always go by there when I go to Lexington.
    I bought it at Sew a Lot in Hamburg Pavillion. The staff there is very knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjpf
    I have a Pfaff 7550 Sew Creative that I've had for about 8 years now. It's a bit of a diva and is very particular about which thread I use, but otherwise I love it. Purrs like a kitten. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
    I am just learning all the neat stuff it can do. Is that your dog in the picture? I have a little beagle named Sam and I had a beagle named Barney who passed away in '98 at he age of 14.

Congratulations!! I know you will love it

I also have a Pfaff 7550 and it has been a good machine although it has more bells and whistles than I really use. I keep thinking I should get something of a workhorse machine and keep the Pfaff for the fancy stuff since that is what it is meant for

I have a Pfaff 7550 and 2144 with all the upgrades. I love Pfaff machines. They run so smoothly and the stitching is beautiful. My dealer has "Pfaff Club" once a month. We get together ina group and see the latest things and have show and tell. Your dealer will help you learn how to make the most of our machine. You can't go wrong with Pfaff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginaky
    I have a Pfaff 1471, which I think is their first computer machine. My husband bought it used for me about 16 years ago and I absolutely LOVE it! I do all my piecing and small project FMQ on it and I will be so sad when it quits working. I have a Pfaff Grand Quilter that I FMQ large items on. I bought it with a Next Generation quilt frame but we moved shortly after I bought it and now I don't have room for it. Will be selling the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by katiebear1
    I just purchased the Pfaff expression 2.0. I really like it so far. Anyone else have one and what do you think sbout it? Also I got it in sale at my local Pfaff dealer for $995. Regular retail was $1500. I am new to quilting,but I researched it on the Net. Please tell me it is a good machine for quilting and that I got a good deal:)
    I have 2 Pfaffs - one over 25 years old - and a 2170 - and I love them. You did get a good deal price -wise, too. The walking foot is the BEST thing ever!!

I have a very light-weight basic Pfaff that I bought about 25 years ago; several years later when I went to the same dealer to upgrade, he was no longer selling Pfaff. I am now the owner of 3 Janome machines, but the little Pfaff still gets used sometimes. Although I like my Janomes, I would prefer Pfaff, but am not driving through heavy metro Atlanta traffic to a Pfaff dealer.

One of my machines is a Pfaff....it is wonderful for quiilting. I am sure you will like it :) Sounds as though it was a good deal to me. YOU DID GOOD GIRL!

Margie

and welcome from PA

Blog Entries
    Any new machine is a great machine! Congratulations!

You will enjoy the Janome 6600. Don't forget to join the yahoo group...it is Janome 6500. This machine is incredible. You will use the automatic thread cutter for your piecing and the built in accufeed system....no more bulky walking foot!
    Congratulations!
    D in TX

I have had Pfaff's for the last 10 years, many many models. I love them and wouldn't have anything else!

I have a Pfaff 7570 & I use it all the time for sewing & quilting. I am not brave enough to try free motion but use it for QITD. I would love to have the stitch regulator but can't afford it. I, too, have found it is picky about the thread but so long as I stick to good thread it & I are both happy. LOVE this group :) :)

Junior Member Miss Purple Shoes's Avatar
    I have a 1423 Pffaf machine and I consider it to be my best friend! It is a real work horse and has been with me all over the world. It is 18 years old and still purrs like new. It does anything I ask of it too - except make a cup of tea! LOL.
    I hope you get to love your machine as much.

Blog Entries
    I had a Pfaff 1222 that I bought in 1977. It was the top-of-the-line machine then. I just got rid of it in 2008 when I bought the Bernina 730. I loved it. It was a terrific machine. I gave it to my daughter. I don't know how long it will last her as it was starting to make a grinding noise and then slowing down. Then it would pick up again and be fine. If I had known how much I was going to miss the dual feed on it, I would have stuck to a Pfaff. But the Bernina is a really good machine and the dealer is close, which made it good for the lessons. I understand the new one has the dual feed. Should have waited a few months! Story of my life--too soon or too late! I'm sure you will enjoy your new machine!

I just bought a new Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.0 and I love, love, love it. I had a Babylock embroidery machine and had nothing but trouble with it. I never used the embroidery part so decided I would sell it and buy me the machine I always had wanted. I bought it at Road To California show for $1999, it is usually $3999. I have been doing piecing and also Free Motion Quilting on it and I can't get enough of it. I also have an Elna 6005 that I bought about 10 years ago and I also love that machine for taking to classes. You will love your Pfaff. The best part of all is the IDT part. No more putting that clunky walking foot on the machine every time you need it. Congrats on your new machine.

I am new to QB but I have owned a Pfaff 262 since 1968 (I was only 20 then) and now in addition have a Pfaff 2170 and have also bought an antique Pfaff 130 with "the coffee grinder". I also belong to a yahoo group called "Old Pfaffies". Their is no 12 step cure to our addictions! I love my Pfaffs!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast