Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: new member

Hi All;
    I just joined & was reading some of the articles, really like all the info. I am trying to do a dresden plate placemat, really having some problems.here is a picture, maybe someone could tell me how to do this? i have the template,just getting it together is the prblem.any help would be appreciated. I am from ottawa illinois where it's 20 degrees & plenty of snow.
    bonnie :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Welcome new member! I'm not sure I'll be much help on the placemat, but what I see is mighty pretty. I'm sure someone else will come along with some info.

What is it that you need?

welcome! I've not done a dresden plate yet either, but just wanted to say welcome from North Texas. Sunny and warm here this week, yesterday was 78, please send some snow and cooler temps my way :-)

Welcome from Kentucky! Placemat looks great to me!

welcome from Vermont!

Bonnie, welcome, I'm also new on here and have really enjoyed reading the comments and information. Pat from Ok.

Welcome from NC. The placemat looks pretty good to me. I don't think I would do anything differently.

the obly thing that I can see wrong could be that it is maybe slightly off center? but that could just me my eyes. I have horrible depth perception. or is it sitting on a chair? I can't tell. need to really get to the eye doctor.

Welcome from Michigan.

Welcome from Oregon!!
    You will love it here!!

Blog Entries
    Hello, and welcome from Idaho! What are you having problems with? Looks good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsbonnie
    Hi All;
    I just joined & was reading some of the articles, really like all the info. I am trying to do a dresden plate placemat, really having some problems.here is a picture, maybe someone could tell me how to do this? i have the template,just getting it together is the prblem.any help would be appreciated. I am from ottawa illinois where it's 20 degrees & plenty of snow.
    bonnie :-)
    Hi, welcome from central Oregon!!! Am I reading your question right --- I read that you want help on how to put one together that would look like that???????

Hello for mid-TN. I never thought of doing a dresden plate as a placemat .... hummmmmm

Blog Entries
    Hello from Western Maryland !!
    Looks good to me !!

Hi mrsbonnie. I just learned how to make the Dresden Plate last week. Its fun. I don't see a problem with yours. Its beautifal. Welcome to the board. :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio!

:-) Hi There;
    This is a placemat i purchased & would love to make them, I just can't figure out how to go about this,I have tried but just does not look the same.I can't figure out the steps of this placemat.There is no start or finish to it that i can see. If someone knows how, i sure would appreciate this, :|

Ok mrsbonnie....here goes:
    lay your pieces out like you want -- but without the center piece (the circle). Sew two of the "blades" together, then two more and two more -- and keep sewing till you have them in a circle. Now lay it down on a backing piece (yours has a blue background) Sew those pieces to the background around the outer edges (with the 1/4" tucked under). Now sew the center circle on. You can hand stitch all those pieces on and hide the stitches or do like they did. Finally, sew the backing to another backing (maybe with batting - up to you) with the RIGHT sides together -- be sure to leave a 4" or so opening on one side). Flip the right sides out, close the opening. Now...what I'd do is sew with the machine or by hand an "echo" stitch around the Dresden plate -- so you're sewing all the layers together.....basically, quilting it. Hope this helps!!!!

Hi Bonnie --- I'm waving at you from Georgia, but my son lives in Ottawa --- he keeps me up to date on how cold it has been there this winter. Welcome to the quiltingboard - you will make a lot of new friends here.

Welcome from MA. I'm new too and am enjoying the information these wonderful people provide. It's like "Quilters United".

Hello from sunny south Fla, we have been freezing down here in the 30's and 40's last week, and supposed to get cold next week too. Welcome, the plate looks nice, never tried one but on my someday list.

Welcome for NE Ohio - where is cold & snowy too - sorry I can't help you since I've never made one either

Blog Entries
    I don't see a problem either.

Welcome to the board! :)

Welcome from Eastern Az and I love the placemat

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast