Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 42 of 42

Thread: New from Robert Kaufman - Dr. Suess

  1. #26
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Apparently these were a HOT item at Quilt Market! I just got the (unhappy) word from Robert Kaufman that their first printing, due in early September, is already oversold, so they will be reprinting and they don't have an ETA for that yet.

    So... if you want to get these fabrics as early as possible, you should look around now to find a place that's advertising September availability. And hope that the store you've found is not already oversold themselves!

    I won't be able to get mine until the second printing, which I'm guessing will be in November. :-(
    So they won't even let you order for the second printing now? Bummer! :(

    Rachel

  2. #27
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,834
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just love it! I saved all my DD'd Suess books from when she was little, she has now passed them on to her son who is gonna be 3 !

    i also have alot of the sesame books from the 70's.

    You my dear, are an enabler! :thumbup:

  3. #28
    Super Member Favorite Fabrics's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Posts
    4,089
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Apparently these were a HOT item at Quilt Market! I just got the (unhappy) word from Robert Kaufman that their first printing, due in early September, is already oversold, so they will be reprinting and they don't have an ETA for that yet.

    So... if you want to get these fabrics as early as possible, you should look around now to find a place that's advertising September availability. And hope that the store you've found is not already oversold themselves!

    I won't be able to get mine until the second printing, which I'm guessing will be in November. :-(
    So they won't even let you order for the second printing now? Bummer! :(

    Rachel
    I did place my order, but it won't be filled until the second printing, and they did not have an ETA yet. I'll call Kaufman next week to talk to their buyer, the person who places the orders with the overseas mills. By then, she should have an actual date that they expect the fabric to be arriving, printed, at their warehouse.

    I'm assuming that since this was such a hot seller at Quilt Market, they put in their order for reprinting very promptly. Serves me right for not going to Market this time, huh? If I would have gone, I would'a ordered at Market, and would have been in on the first printing! (sigh)

  4. #29
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    I did place my order, but it won't be filled until the second printing, and they did not have an ETA yet. I'll call Kaufman next week to talk to their buyer, the person who places the orders with the overseas mills. By then, she should have an actual date that they expect the fabric to be arriving, printed, at their warehouse.

    I'm assuming that since this was such a hot seller at Quilt Market, they put in their order for reprinting very promptly. Serves me right for not going to Market this time, huh? If I would have gone, I would'a ordered at Market, and would have been in on the first printing! (sigh)
    Awww .... well do you know what you are going to sell them for anyway?

    Rachel

  5. #30
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,038
    Aw, itis cute...great for charity quilts!

  6. #31
    montanaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    871
    hoping that my lqs ordered this!!! will have to talk to her today. this will make cute quilts. thanks for showing us the new material

  7. #32
    montanaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    871
    Fort Worth Fabric Studio is offering this whole collection!! $7.90/yard preorder!! cheapest i've found yet!!

  8. #33
    Super Member Quilt Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Headed home
    Posts
    2,417
    How fun! I will have to look for them.

  9. #34
    Power Poster littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,954
    What fun fabric. You gotta love DR Suess.

  10. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Santa Cruz, California
    Posts
    198
    Didn't know you had a shop. Just signed in on your shop and did some shopping.
    Would love some of the Dr. Suess when it comes in So put my name on the list.
    Thank you so much .
    Looking forward to shopping on your site again.
    Thanks kjym Kathy [email protected] Kathleen Manoff in Santa Cruz,Ca

  11. #36
    Super Member Lyncat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Buckeye AZ
    Posts
    1,251
    I can't wait to get my hands on those prints. Adorable.

  12. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central TX
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Thanks so much for posting that!!

    I'll have to order it for our shop. There must have been rumors of this group floating around "out there", because we have had people asking about Dr. Seuss fabric, and I just assumed they were asking about ones that they'd seen on eBay, fabrics which went out of print years ago.

    Again, another big thanks!
    Would you be able to sell on pre-order? I saw one store that was doing that, but I never heard of them so I would be hesitant to do that. They said they wouldn't charge till it shipped, but ya never can be sure! :)

    Rachel
    Rachel, this is a wonderful online store. I order from them all the time. If you order before 3:00 CST, your order is shipped that day.

  13. #38
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Debo
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Thanks so much for posting that!!

    I'll have to order it for our shop. There must have been rumors of this group floating around "out there", because we have had people asking about Dr. Seuss fabric, and I just assumed they were asking about ones that they'd seen on eBay, fabrics which went out of print years ago.

    Again, another big thanks!
    Would you be able to sell on pre-order? I saw one store that was doing that, but I never heard of them so I would be hesitant to do that. They said they wouldn't charge till it shipped, but ya never can be sure! :)

    Rachel
    Rachel, this is a wonderful online store. I order from them all the time. If you order before 3:00 CST, your order is shipped that day.
    Do you mean Favorite Fabric? If so, I am waiting to see if she will know what price she will be selling the fabrics for. I know that she won't get them till alter, but I don't want to have to spend time tracking them down, so I would still like to pre-order if I can. :) :) (Well depending on price and if my hubby agrees :) :) :) :))

    Thank you for the review though, I have not ordered form her yet, but I guessed since she is so active here that she was reliable. :)

    Cheers!
    Rachel

  14. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Central TX
    Posts
    421
    Rachel...I'm sorry.For some reason I was thinking that you were asking about the Fat Quarter shop.

  15. #40
    Super Member athenagwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,703
    Oh no problem!! :) I do like them too. They are a great shop to deal with. Sadly they are not doing pre-orders on the Dr. Seuss fabrics :( But I did get on their email list to be alerted when it becomes available.

    Rachel

  16. #41
    Super Member Rachelcb80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, MS
    Posts
    1,057
    I just preordered a ton ($82 before shipping, yikes!) of this line from the Fort Worth store that was posted a few posts back. They won't charge you until it ships and they had it listed under each fabric how much was going to be available. Hopefully everything goes smoothly as I have never preordered anything before.

  17. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA.
    Posts
    356
    My LQS said they would have it in September. I preordered some just in case my LQS sells out before I can get my hands on it. I want to make my great niece a quilt for Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.