Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
new rulers >

new rulers

new rulers

Old 04-19-2011, 07:50 PM

I would say don't buy them to sharpen your blades, but for the other features. They are very well made & I really do like them. I wish I knew how to take off the edge that's supposed to sharpen the blades, but that would make them slightly less accurate, measure-wise. So I won't do that. I could conceiveably ruin the rulers, too. Not a good idea.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by sassy granny
Wow, I ordered the 4 x 8 1/2 inch ruler and the rotary cutter also and recieved them a few days ago. I had not tried them until yesterday. I tried the rotary cutter and it wouldn't cut a thing. I was trying to cut 3 layers of regular quilt cotton and it wouldn't even go through the first layer. I tried turning the blade thinking it might have a problem elsewhere but never could get it to cut. I finally e-mailed Keepsake Quilting and told them and they said they would send me more blades free of charge. I still haven't even taken the plastic off of the ruler, now I'm afraid to. I'm sure if that many people are having trouble seeing through it that it won't be sufficient. Shipping charges are so high, you might as well keep it. I hate returning something to just loose it in postage. I guess you can't win them all.

sassy granny
I also had ordered that cutter and returned it with the ruler, Keepsake is very easy to return to and they were light items so postage not much at all. They were items I thought might not even continue to be sold as the employee told me they also had challenges in using them. The idea sounded very good.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM

I like the ruler. especially the red markings and numbered dots on the edges. I just can't get a smooth cut, and this is with a blade from the company. They were very good sending me a new blade when the first one didn't cut at all.