Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Sewing Room!!

Blog Entries

New Sewing Room!!

I have moved my sewing from a little nook at the end of my office into the large guest bedroom!! I finally took the plunge, yeah!! I have lots of wonderful north light, and a large window with a view. The bed is still in that room, and will stay there while construction is being done in my old nook. In the nook the knee wall is going to go down to 4 foot, which will give the nook another 11", which will give enough floor space to move the bed into that room. The nook is also being expanded by 4 feet into the attic storage area, so there will be ample space for a dresser too. The bed and dresser will be moved from the new sewing room into the combo office/guest bedroom, and I will have this ginormous (to me) sewing room. What a lovely DH - he will be doing the deconstruction and construction.

What really shocked me, was how much dust, and litter, and threads and stuff was behind and around my cramped little old space. I never had enough space to move anything to clean without lots of effort. Ugh! It was dusty!

In my new room, I will have a design wall too, (right now I have a 4 x 6 foam board ). I may also have enough space for a mid arm setup maybe. Woo Hoo! A sewing room for me after all these years!!

Here is a pic of the temporary sewing space:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nhweaver; 02-15-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

How wonderful and exciting!!!! Congrats!!!!!

WTG! The windows are great and will provide lots of natural light. Congrats on getting your own space for your creations.

Sounds exciting!!! Enjoy your new space!!!!

Looks like a great space. Your changes sound exciting.

Great space. I'd get rid of the bed and put a nice big cutting table there. You can also pin your quilts on it. They make decent air beds today if you need one for guests.

Blog Entries
    I know you are excited! I decided a guest room was a waste of a good room. I bought nice roll away beds and the guests can sleep anywhere they want to roll one. I'm not kidding. DH and I have no living parents or close older relatives so the younger ones who visit don't mind beds on wheels. I have a cozy reading room and DH has his tv room from the old guest rooms. We get much more enjoyment from those rooms now.
    Got fabric?

I dream of this I stll have a little over 3 years before it happens so I still have my dinky corner
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

What an exciting adventure!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

I'm so excited for you with such a great sewing space! Enjoy!

Originally from Canada living in Pucallpa, Peru
    Beautiful Log Cabin on the bed and I love the double doors for all the light they let in. Very nice!

Sounds like you will have a very nice sewing room. I have a small one and share with three cats, I also use the dining table.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I'm using the spare room as a quilting room and I find I use the bed all the time. I don't have a design wall so it's great for laying out patterns. I also share with a cat and came home once to find quilt blocks scattered all over the bed and pushed into a cave shape. Now I close the door.

Blog Entries
    Congrats on your new space. I too am amazed at all the dust and lint that collects in my sewing room. So thankful I have hardwood floors!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries
    3 grandsons come and go all summer and school breaks. We need the bed space, and the expanded nook will fit the bed, with the slanted ceilings, it will be very cozy. we have a queen airbed also, when the GA or NJ contingency comes. the construction will be delayed as DH took a trip on the frost covered deck yesterday, and injured his neck, twisted his knee, and banged up his tailbone as he stepped out of the slider. Glad it wasn't serious, but he is sore, limping and not a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by madamepurl View Post
    Great space. I'd get rid of the bed and put a nice big cutting table there. You can also pin your quilts on it. They make decent air beds today if you need one for guests.

Your new sewing room is going to be a delight to work in. I have put off a deep cleaning of my room for too long. Just thinking about moving it all out and then moving it back... makes me cringe.

I love the crisp and light space. Enjoy!
    Anna Quilts

Lucky you for the new sewing space. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Love the quilt on the bed--it's beautiful!

I love having access to natural light...congratulations on the new space!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagetouch View Post
    Beautiful Log Cabin on the bed and I love the double doors for all the light they let in. Very nice!
    I too love the logcabin on the bed....and the window..
    Pam H.

"Those that mind, don't matter and those that matter don't mind" ~ Dr. Seuss

Blog Entries
    The three years will be here before you know it. It will be wonderful to expand out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    I dream of this I stll have a little over 3 years before it happens so I still have my dinky corner

Looks like it will be a wonderful space.

Looks like a wonderful space!!! I have most of the family room but have to share with a couple of computers and a couch, but I can leave everything out that I am working on and not have to constantly clean it all up

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh how wonderful for you. It's so exciting to have the space to work in. By the way I love you log cabin quilt on the bed it is gorgeous !

How exciting for you!! Need more pictures when all the remodeling is done : )
    Amythyst

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast