Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Singer Futura SES2000 >

New Singer Futura SES2000

New Singer Futura SES2000

Old 10-09-2010, 08:59 PM

I'm sorry, I meant to crop this for a better view. The kitty is stitched great, but this is a design that came with the package and is made for this machine. The test here is for the words, the font. The autofont program is suppose to take a font from your computer word program and digitize it to stitch. I did several fonts and they all turned out like this one. It just seems thin to me and I wasn't happy with any of them.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105674.jpe  
Old 10-09-2010, 09:06 PM

This is a clipart that I downloaded and digitized to stitch out. As I've said before I had no problems with the machine. In this case there were no errors at all. I never had to remove the hoop and replace it. I only had to re-thread the machine for a color change. There was no reason for the errors found in the final product except the software.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105675.jpe  
Old 10-09-2010, 09:11 PM

One of the biggest features, one I was especially interested in was the ability to digitize a photo. Every photo I worked only asked for the primary colors. I'm thinking the software used the primary colors to stitch and color by mixing the threads. It doesn't work. This is a photo of my FIL who passed just days before. If this had worked I had thought to make a gift of it to my MIL. But ask you can see the final results are less then expected. Though I have to say at a distance it can be seen better, but still not enough to continue working with the machine.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-105676.jpe  
Old 10-09-2010, 09:21 PM

The only software feature I did not try was the auto cross. It's suppose to take a digitized pattern and convert it to a cross stitch look. A machine cross stitching. There are four features to this software package, of the four I tried and was disappointed by three. So because I didn't try it I can't really speak on it. Looks like I'll be looking for a new machine. I have no regrets for ordering this machine. I do want to add that using the Singer designs this machine was 100% great. And again, I had no issues with the hardware, the machine.. My problem was with the software. So again, thank you for your interest and I hope someone found this to be helpful. Mona
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM

Congratulations! I have the Futura CE250 and have really enjoyed it.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:28 PM

I have the SES 2000 and love it. I like that the software all came with it and did not have to fork over another thousand for the software. I don't use it for sewing simply because I don't like using a foot pedal to sew with however I do use it for embroidery and with our ability to use any format from any sewing machine brand we are able to use it to embroider with.

These are just a few of the samples I made when first starting out using the embroidery side of it.

I plan to play with the auto-punch, photo stitch and cross stitch feature of this machine to see if I get as good results as I do with the embroidery.
Attached Thumbnails butterfly.jpg   celebrateseason.jpg   aztec.jpg   butterflies.jpg   flower.jpg  

mod1-block.jpg   smiley-face.jpg   winter-children.jpg