Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Walmart fabrics...the way of the future.... >

New Walmart fabrics...the way of the future....

New Walmart fabrics...the way of the future....

Old 05-21-2011, 03:02 PM

one of the 2 wal marts have there fabric back did the happydance.Well thats the one now who gets my buisness
Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 AM

I was in one of the walmarts by me....(3 within a 15 mile radius). The original one said they were going to put fabric back in the store sometime this year. They are starting their make over in June. I hope they return the bolts and not the cut fabric. If I like a material, I always buy at least 3 yards...will let you know what they put in.... :!: :!: :!:
Old 05-25-2011, 11:25 AM

they took the fabric out of the store near me and put in the hanging 2yd cuts and matching pieces but it is not by name band companies and their fq's are 1.25 each. I was not impressed. Then other wal marts near me have no fabric. They have all been remodeled. I have 4 wal marts that are near.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Maralyn
A recent customer provided Walmart fabric for the backing of her son's graduation quilt and there is NO WAY I would buy that fabric. It was so thin you could almost see through it.
I'm just finishing a t-shirt quilt for my niece and I chose WM fabric. It is of better quality than a flannel piece I purchased at my LQS. I also went back to WM today for a companion piece for the binding.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by maggierubymollyclancy
Walmart.....fabric...........Walmart.....fabric... .....it
just isn't a fit for me!!!! most other things...yes.
Quilt shop only way to go for me. Just saying.
Not everyone can afford quilt shop fabric. I'm one of them, althought when I CAN splurge, I'll visit my LQS.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:30 PM

Our Walmart here in Moore Doesn't have any fabric at all. Now the Moore Walmart is only 4.5 miles away, however if I go to another walmart also 4.5 miles away, they do have the cut fabric, and then the walmart 26 miles away has yardage...So I don't shop any more at the Walmarts in Moore I go to the other two!...Just think its stupid that they can't have fabric in all of there stores....
Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Not everyone can afford quilt shop fabric. I'm one of them, althought when I CAN splurge, I'll visit my LQS.
Here!! Here!! I agree with you 100%
Old 05-26-2011, 04:47 PM

Wal-Mart is governed by a fifteen-member Board of Directors, which is elected annually by shareholders. Robson Walton, the eldest son of founder Sam Walton, serves as Chairman of the Board. Michael T. Duke serves as Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Lee Scott, formerly CEO, serves as Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Board. Other members of the board include Aída Álvarez, Jim Breyer, M. Michele Burns, James Cash, Roger Corbett, Douglas Daft, David Glass, Gregory B. Penner, Allen Questrom, Arne M. Sorenson, Jim Walton, Christopher J. Williams, and Linda S. Wolf.[92] Sam Walton died in 1992. After Walton's death, Don Soderquist, Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice Chairman, became known as the "Keeper of the Culture."[93][94]

So its not owned my someone over seas as someone said...
Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by jojo47
Here!! Here!! I agree with you 100%
Thank You! :)
Old 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM

A few years ago, our local WM underwent a remodel, and the associate who heads the fabric/craft dept told all of her customers to get forms from customer service and write headquarters as to why the fabric dept. should not be eliminated...We didn't hear much, but one day I was in the store and asked if they had heard anything about the fab. dept. She said they had word "not to send any more letters", but she also said the blueprints showed an area for a cutting table. Well, our WM DOES have fabric on the bolt; the fabric area is a little smaller than before, but I've been noticing that more and more bolts have been added, and the flannels they have gotten in are of a very nice quality and run between $4-$5/yard. They also always have a pretty nice selection of fleece, now and especially around the Christmas season. If you're wondering where, Worthington, MN.