Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Year's resolution >

New Year's resolution

New Year's resolution

Old 12-31-2019, 03:44 PM

Default New Year's resolution

I am not one to make a New Year's resolution but I do have one for this year. I have 2 quilts that I must get finished. Both of them are overdue graduation gifts. One is the quilt I was ask to remake. It is much more challenging that I thought it would be. The other one was on my frame and the machine and frame both gave out with the stitch regulator. The trifecta in sewing, quilting disasters. so I have a whole lot of frog stitching on that one. All in all these 2 quilts are eating at me to be completed.
The only thing I am resolute about 2020 is completing these 2 quilts before someone else graduates and I fall further behind.
So what are your resolutions for 2020?
Old 12-31-2019, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

I don't make resolutions, just a waste of time. I am hoping just to get through this year.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:47 PM

My resolutions for 2020 are: 1) Work on UFO's. I have made a list of quilts I'd like to finish. 2) Better communication with family members. I'm going call my adult children for an informal chat just to keep up more often, rather that think I really should have called yesterday. 3) Keep up better with house cleaning, exercise and book clubs. Ambitious, but they're all important.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:23 PM

I am never going to make a quilt top and not finish it. I have 7 tops and no backings yet.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:32 PM

I'm like ya'll. I make resolutions and never keep them so I am not going to promise myself anything this year. Since my husband died I have had to do not only my "things to do" but his too. So I have told myself to take time for sewing this year. Hopefully I can keep that promise and not get so weighed down with chores and everyday living that I don't visit my sewing room.I bought a quilting machine and my son helped me set it up but I have yet to use it! So hopefully 2020 will be a sewing year for me!
Old 01-01-2020, 12:47 AM

My resolution this year to make more quilts because I want to, not because I feel I have to.
in 2019 I worked on too many things with deadlines due to shows and gifts and work for other people and I'm not going to do that this year.
This year I'm going to quilt for me.

Watson
Old 01-01-2020, 03:41 AM
dmo

Have a few ufo's to finish. Want to try some new patterns.
Old 01-01-2020, 03:49 AM

What Watson said!!! I want to spend this year finishing some UFOs and focussing on the fun things about quilting rather than working to deadlines. I also want to try some new techniques and work through the exercises in some of the on-line quilt workshops that I purchased last year.

Rob
Old 01-01-2020, 06:25 AM

My main goal at this moment is to complete the process of selling my home, buying the new one, & moving! It's almost overwhelming. I keep way too much stuff, & a lot of it isn't worth moving at this point.
Once I do move, I want to enjoy my hobbies more. I've had to work a lot in recent years to stay in my current area, & I want to be fully retired! So I dont have definite quilting goals, but I will make time to get in more sewing this year.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:42 AM

Conchalea: Looking forward to hearing more about your new home.

I am not making a specific resolution either because I’m not good at keeping them. I do know that I need to get more exercise, eat better, downsize without the intent of moving, keep a cleaner house, sew more, and substitute less! I know I should be doing these things but they are hard to do-always something more interesting to choose or lack of energy.

One thing I am sure I want to do: Love up my grandson when he arrives! About 6 weeks to his due date.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 01-01-2020 at 06:45 AM.