Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: newby

I took my 4 1/2 year old granddaughter with me to a new quilt shop in our area and WOW-she was like a middle aged woman in a chocolate shop!!! She just kept running around touching the fabric and making me come here or come there because she liked the way a certain fabric looked or felt---then she saw a minky quilt that she absolutely fell in love with and she asked me "Pwese" and of course I was hooked. But it was so great to see her intrigued by the colors and textures I may just finally have me a quilting granddaughter.

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo!!! I think you have a new quilting buddy too!
    I am so excited for the two of you :D:D:D

Thats wonderful!!!!!!!

I am so envious. Neither of my two daughters are remotely interested in sewing and my 10 year old granddaughter is totally tomboy. I do have a 1 year old granddaughter, so maybe there is still hope for her.

My DGD loves fabric too. :) Of course, the Minky is her favorite

Oh how wonderful!! It's time to have her sitting by your side as you work. Some of the best memories I have are of sitting by my grandmother as she worked on her sewing...It is part of what I love about the sound of the sewing machine humming :D

Blog Entries
    Hurray. Be sure to show us the minkie quilt you make her. Is this her Xmas present? :lol: :lol:

Way to go!!! I got my oldest daughter interested in quilting last Christmas so I told her that when I died she could have my sewing machines and my longarm with all the fabric, thread, etc. since neither of her sisters are interested in it at all!

How wonderful! Mine would quilt with me, but she lives 2500 miles away and we try and do something when we are together.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
    How wonderful! Mine would quilt with me, but she lives 2500 miles away and we try and do something when we are together.
    I hear that! I live in Washington and my daughter lives in Texas - only a 2.5 day drive. A bit far for a sewing date.