Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Niagara USA????

  1. #1
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,280

    Niagara USA????

    HI, I will be going to the Niagara Falls(USA) area in April and was wondering besides Joanne`s , is there any other fabric shop i could visit??? thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,166
    I'm no help for the USA side!!
    ... any chance you'll scout out any of Southern Ontario's LQS' while en route to and fro?


    FavoriteFabrics (a poster here) and has a online fabric business by the same name. I'm not sure if you can "visit" her location, of if she's only online?
    And I know I've seen a couple of other posters from the greater Niagara area.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 03-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  3. #3
    Senior Member Handcraftsbyjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    831
    There are 2 shops in the Niagara area on the US side, however, I like the one in Niagara Falls, Canada. Both shops on the US side aren't much to look at nor do they have much, but that's just my opinion. The one in Canada is in sort of a residential area and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! Lots of inspiration and some unique patterns. It isn't a huge shop, but when we travel from NH to MI, we always try to stop at the shop in Niagara, Canada. Another shop, if you have the time, is the Fabric Garden in East Amherst, NY. It isn't too far of a drive from Niagara, and I LOVE that shop.

  4. #4
    Super Member KimmieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    1,053
    ive never been to most of these (yet but here is a list that may help.
    There was a recent shop hop in the area..this is where that list came from.
    happy shopping!!

    Auntie’s Attic 2043 Military Rd. Niagara Falls, NY 14304
    716-297-3636 www.auntiesatticquiltshop.com

    Heartland Quilt Shop 7121 Ridge Rd. Lockport, NY 14094
    716-433-3188 www.heartlandquiltshoponline.com

    Marie’s Sewing Center 6310 Robinson Rd. Lockport, NY 14094
    716-434-2583 www.mariessewingcenter.com

    Pine Grove Quilt Shop 2962 Delaware Ave. Kenmore, NY 14217
    716-873-0774 www.pinegrovequiltshop.net

    Quiltmaker and Friends 4716 Military Rd. Niagara Falls, NY 14305
    716-297-4067

    Sew What? Quilt Shop 6816 Main St. Williamsville, NY 14221
    716-632-8801 www.sewwhatquiltshop.com

    Threads of Time 3125 Sheridan Dr. Amherst, NY 14226
    716-837-1372 www.totsewing.com

    Brickhouse Quilting and Gifts 8201 Tonawanda Creek

  5. #5
    Super Member Lori S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,385
    Yes do go to Favorite Fabrics. I stop when ever I am visiting my Mom in Buffalo. It is an on -line shop but they let people come in and shop. Make sure you check the hours before heading in that direction,as they are an on-line and don't keep regular retail hours. Its worth the side trip.

  6. #6
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    There are 2 shops in the Niagara area on the US side, however, I like the one in Niagara Falls, Canada. Both shops on the US side aren't much to look at nor do they have much, but that's just my opinion. The one in Canada is in sort of a residential area and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! Lots of inspiration and some unique patterns. It isn't a huge shop, but when we travel from NH to MI, we always try to stop at the shop in Niagara, Canada. Another shop, if you have the time, is the Fabric Garden in East Amherst, NY. It isn't too far of a drive from Niagara, and I LOVE that shop.
    Well, that's a good report on the Canadian side!
    By chance do you know the name?
    Also, for the USA ones, if by chance not mentioned in KimmieH's list.

    Maybe FavFabrics will see this thread and check in!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  7. #7
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,166
    For those reading and interested ... there may be some other suggestions on this thread

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post5079018
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  8. #8
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,280
    do you know what the one in Canada is called?
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    There are 2 shops in the Niagara area on the US side, however, I like the one in Niagara Falls, Canada. Both shops on the US side aren't much to look at nor do they have much, but that's just my opinion. The one in Canada is in sort of a residential area and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! Lots of inspiration and some unique patterns. It isn't a huge shop, but when we travel from NH to MI, we always try to stop at the shop in Niagara, Canada. Another shop, if you have the time, is the Fabric Garden in East Amherst, NY. It isn't too far of a drive from Niagara, and I LOVE that shop.

  9. #9
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,280
    oh wow thank you so much...i will check them and see which ones i can visit
    Quote Originally Posted by KimmieH View Post
    ive never been to most of these (yet but here is a list that may help.
    There was a recent shop hop in the area..this is where that list came from.
    happy shopping!!

    Auntie’s Attic 2043 Military Rd. Niagara Falls, NY 14304
    716-297-3636 www.auntiesatticquiltshop.com

    Heartland Quilt Shop 7121 Ridge Rd. Lockport, NY 14094
    716-433-3188 www.heartlandquiltshoponline.com

    Marie’s Sewing Center 6310 Robinson Rd. Lockport, NY 14094
    716-434-2583 www.mariessewingcenter.com

    Pine Grove Quilt Shop 2962 Delaware Ave. Kenmore, NY 14217
    716-873-0774 www.pinegrovequiltshop.net

    Quiltmaker and Friends 4716 Military Rd. Niagara Falls, NY 14305
    716-297-4067

    Sew What? Quilt Shop 6816 Main St. Williamsville, NY 14221
    716-632-8801 www.sewwhatquiltshop.com

    Threads of Time 3125 Sheridan Dr. Amherst, NY 14226
    716-837-1372 www.totsewing.com

    Brickhouse Quilting and Gifts 8201 Tonawanda Creek

  10. #10
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,280
    would you know the name of the one in Canada by any chance??
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    There are 2 shops in the Niagara area on the US side, however, I like the one in Niagara Falls, Canada. Both shops on the US side aren't much to look at nor do they have much, but that's just my opinion. The one in Canada is in sort of a residential area and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! Lots of inspiration and some unique patterns. It isn't a huge shop, but when we travel from NH to MI, we always try to stop at the shop in Niagara, Canada. Another shop, if you have the time, is the Fabric Garden in East Amherst, NY. It isn't too far of a drive from Niagara, and I LOVE that shop.

  11. #11
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,280
    not sure i will have time this time around to explore southern on...but i`m coming back in the summer and will be in Brampton for a couple weeks....will explore more then
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    I'm no help for the USA side!!
    ... any chance you'll scout out any of Southern Ontario's LQS' while en route to and fro?


    FavoriteFabrics (a poster here) and has a online fabric business by the same name. I'm not sure if you can "visit" her location, of if she's only online?
    And I know I've seen a couple of other posters from the greater Niagara area.

  12. #12
    Super Member alfosa421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    up to my eyeballs in UFOs
    Posts
    2,341
    Blog Entries
    3
    The 2 shops on the American side I believe are on the same highway at opposite ends-the little one(I have forgotten names) is where I was able to purchase material representing the Carousel Museum that is up there. The other was a reasonable size and had a moderate selection. The one on the Canadian side is in a house on a side street and remember they sell by the miter but she had a great selection and had deals where you bought 1/3 meters vs fat quarters. Do a google search and you will find them I have an order coming from Favorite fabrics this summer They are great!!

  13. #13
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,280
    ahh ty so much...i will do that...at least i know there are some...
    Quote Originally Posted by alfosa421 View Post
    The 2 shops on the American side I believe are on the same highway at opposite ends-the little one(I have forgotten names) is where I was able to purchase material representing the Carousel Museum that is up there. The other was a reasonable size and had a moderate selection. The one on the Canadian side is in a house on a side street and remember they sell by the miter but she had a great selection and had deals where you bought 1/3 meters vs fat quarters. Do a google search and you will find them I have an order coming from Favorite fabrics this summer They are great!!

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    26
    Blog Entries
    3

    Three stores in Canada near Niagara Falls

    Patchwork Porch
    6131 Virginia St
    Niargara Falls, On
    905-354-3741

    Quilting Bee
    155 Highway #20
    Fonthill, ON
    905-892-7926

    Kindred spririts Quilt Co.
    211 Matindale Rd
    St Catharines, On
    905-397-9500

  15. #15
    Super Member huntannette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    northern ontario
    Posts
    4,280
    ahhhh ty so much!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Bankert View Post
    Patchwork Porch
    6131 Virginia St
    Niargara Falls, On
    905-354-3741

    Quilting Bee
    155 Highway #20
    Fonthill, ON
    905-892-7926

    Kindred spririts Quilt Co.
    211 Matindale Rd
    St Catharines, On
    905-397-9500

  16. #16
    Super Member IrishNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    was Upstate NY, now Winston-Salem NC
    Posts
    2,046
    There is also the Quilt Farm in Colden. I really like this one.
    I'd rather be at the lake

    Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

  17. #17
    Senior Member Handcraftsbyjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    831
    Patchwork Porch is the one in Niagara Falls I like. (Thanks Helen for reminding me of the name.) They often have lines of fabric I haven't seen before and she has some unique ideas. It isn't huge but I feel it's worth a stop. She does sell by the meter but I think all Canadian shops do.

  18. #18
    Member bnlmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Eastlake,Oh
    Posts
    98
    Thanks also for the Canadian Niagara Falls shops--we'll be there in Early Oct.!

  19. #19
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    PatchShe does sell by the meter but I think all Canadian shops do.
    That varies! Some of the shops in this area have it priced both by yard or metre.

    Reason? Most patterns still call for yards. And many of us still think in yards. So they have it calculated and ready to serve the customer.

    Besides it avoids that possibility of mis-calculating as conversions are made !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  20. #20
    Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Beaverton,Michigan
    Posts
    778
    Blog Entries
    10
    I can't help you out with the shops but I thought I would let you know the Falls on the USA side aren't much to look at but on the Canada side they are gorgeous. We always stay on the Canada side when we go.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

  21. #21
    Senior Member canuckninepatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada; Florida in the winter
    Posts
    717
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
    would you know the name of the one in Canada by any chance??
    I live in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, which is very near Niagara Falls, and the three shops closest to the border are Patchwork Porch in Niagara Falls, ON, Kindred Spirits in St. Catharines, ONand Quilting Bee in Fonthill, ON.

    The websites are http://www.thepatchworkporch.ca/ ; http://www.kindredspiritsquiltco.com/pdf/Jan2012.pdf ; and http://www.thequiltbee.com/ . They are all GREAT stores! Each have areas with sale fabrics as well, which is where I always go first!
    C9P aka Jan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.