Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nice feeling

Quote Originally Posted by thequilterslink
    Yes it sure is a good feeling, my dgs sleeps with his all winter too and he outgrew it a long time ago, time to make him another rag quilt, but i hate making them, all that clipping.
    You might use the smallest rotary cutter to do the clipping. Lay the edge you need to clip flat on your mat with your ruler on the place where you want the slit to end and proceed to cut. When I do this I use a larger seam allowance...nearly an inch.

My son (44) told me today that the Brickyard rag flannel quilt I made him for this Christmas is warm (we have just had a cold snap)and fits him just fine (he is 6'3"). He said some of his friends want one too - I told him that his friends better be prepared for sticker shock!

Aw, thats so nice!

It's nice to be appreciated and loved.
    Janie

Yesireee, that makes the giving better than the gift

Thank you for the affirmations. It was quite nice to have this comment from him (he is a very quiet guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey
    My grandson (21) told me today he sleeps under his quilt everynight and loves it. He wants me to make him another one but a little longer. doesn't It give you a warm feeling someone likes your quilts you have given them?
    Yes it does. My grandsons almost 16 and 18 both have quilts I mad for them 3 or 4 years ago and they both sleep with them every night. The younger one has appliqued sail boats on it and the older on has a Dale Earnheart quilt with black sashing with red cornerstones and checkered flag border. I am very happy that they enjoy their quilt. Another grandson who is just turned 14 has a quilt with turtles and fish. He has an aquarium in his room. For the youngest I made a tumbling block quilt when he was born but for his 5th birthday I made him an appliqued "Hungry little Caterpillar" snuggle quilt and gave him the book as well. My daughter said he loves to snuggle up with a book so it was perfect for him.

Super Member Damsel in DisDress's Avatar
    That's is music to ones ears!

He was raised right.

Wonderful feeling being appreciated.:)

My sons all received quilts from their grandmother and her quilt group when they were little. I'm glad I didn't make them then. To start with, I didn't get the quilting bug until my second son was born. Also, my wonderful MIL passed away suddenly when they were 3,5 and 6. They all still have her quilts and we love them. I finally made the boys their first bed size quilts last new year's. They boys love them and some of the quilts from their grandmother we've put up for safe keeping.

My sons are starting to show an interest in quilting. One of my sons has begged me to make little quilts for his 2 teachers who both are having babies this school year. He says everyone buys babies blankets, but you don't know real love until you lay on a quilt.

I was at a loss for words.

My son (37) wants me to lengthen the quilt I gave him for his birthday. He loves the quilt, for which I am very grateful--and pleased that he appreciates the work that went into the finished product.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I think it gives me a real high, and it lasts for a good while. Saw my nephew over the Christmas break, last year I made him a Tennessee Waltz quilt and the large spots that were the snowball patches, were all quilted with the head of a dragon, he told me again how much he loves his quilt. Then later that day his mother told me of the near tragedy his quilt had. They have an old cat that is sickly, well she got sick on his quilt, and he got really upset about it. Something about heads will roll, needless to say the quilt came through with flying colors; I always include a thing of Grandmas spot remover with the quilts. So everything is fine. But it still made me feel good when he told me how much he "Loved" his quilt.

Absolutely! The feelings are almost as warm as the quilts themselves.

awesome Lindsey, must make you feel very good. I made a demin with fleece backing and my granddaughter feels the same way. everynight it keeps her warm. It makes all of us warm just thinking abt it huh forum? (((hus))

Yes it does. :D

Quote Originally Posted by newbiequilter
    My son (44) told me today that the Brickyard rag flannel quilt I made him for this Christmas is warm (we have just had a cold snap)and fits him just fine (he is 6'3"). He said some of his friends want one too - I told him that his friends better be prepared for sticker shock!
    what size did you make, my new SIL is 6ft 2 inches?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiequilter
    what size did you make, my new SIL is 6ft 2 inches?
    Oh wow - the standard Brickyard finished is 49.5" x 68". There are 9 rows of 8 bricks (each brick 6.5 x 9) I added at least 20 extra "bricks" and I believe there were 10 rows of 10. I know this is not precise enough, but I just kept cutting the bricks, laid them out on the floor, deducted for 1/2" seams and cut string that length. I made sure it was was long enough to cover me laying down on the sofa - covered my feet and way over my head (I am 5' 9") and there was plenty of room around too. Hope this helps.

Banned
    yes indeed.

my gs is only about 5'10" However the pattern i made was a take five. Its square. I should have made it another row longer. I thought perhaps he was going to use it for a couch throw. Next one will be bigger.

Yes love them Grands!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2